W220 windows closing feature

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

skwiotkamil

Car
Mercedes Benz S-class W220 S320CDi
I know there is feature on W220 to close or open all the windows and sunroof by holding the button. Although mine does`t work.
Was that feature an optional or do I have to program that first?

Not an option. If it does not work, your IR receiver at the door does not work or windows have not been calibrated.

You also need to hold the key close to the receiver when pressing and holding the button.

Yes I do hold key close to receiver. I have 2 keys and both keys don`t work.
Would someone with the star be able to program that or is it have to be main dealer?

Yes I do hold key close to receiver. I have 2 keys and both keys don`t work.
Would someone with the star be able to program that or is it have to be main dealer?

They cannot program it, be it the dealer or a private Star owner because there is nothing to program because it is not an option that may need to be activated.

Star owners can however check if your car is in a state that enables the feature to work. You could start checking the conditions yourself too, no need for a star machine if you test your windows: does one-touch opening and closing work with your windows?

It could be the IR receiver on the door too. To test that, you would have to disable the RF path for the remote (antenna amp fuse removed).

I guess you know how convenience closing and opening works (see previous posts if needed, hundreds to choose from).

The last time I tried this it didn't work on my 220 too. Maybe the recent key fob battery change will provide a stronger IR pulse now and it will work?

It's not a critical feature but sometimes in the summer when a few windows/sunroof might all be open, this would be handy to close them all at once.

They cannot program it, be it the dealer or a private Star owner because there is nothing to program because it is not an option that may need to be activated.

Star owners can however check if your car is in a state that enables the feature to work. You could start checking the conditions yourself too, no need for a star machine if you test your windows: does one-touch opening and closing work with your windows?

It could be the IR receiver on the door too. To test that, you would have to disable the RF path for the remote (antenna amp fuse removed).

I guess you know how convenience closing and opening works (see previous posts if needed, hundreds to choose from).

all windows, including one-touch opening works well.
I haven`t tried to test for IR receiver yet.
Also my battery went flat couple months ago, could that be the issue?
I tried to replace batteries in both keys as well.
So last thing to check is IR receiver

Also my battery went flat couple months ago, could that be the issue?

Was the battery removed from the car to re charge it or did you have a new battery?

Did you re set the windows after the battery change?
If not, press the window switch down, let the window open fully then press close and when closed hold the button for a couple of seconds. Do this with each window.

Then try again to close your window holding the remote lock close to the IR receiver. It may or may not work but it's worth trying.

battery was replaced for new one.
I did re-program the windows for one touch setting.

Found some info on the other forum

"Global Synchronization of auto open/unlock (windows open/close when car is unlocked/locked):

Global synchronization synchs all of your windows and sunroof so that they all open or close by a single command (pointing the key at the IR receiver in the driver's door handle, and pushing & holding lock or unlock). Place the A/C switch on the A/C control panel in Auto, and the recirc button on. Then press the button between the temp controls and hold it until all of the windows and roof close. This should resynch them. After that, the Smart Key should open or close the windows and sunroof as well as lock or unlock the doors.

Also: Door locks are controlled from the key by radio frequency, and will operate regardless of direction the key is pointed. The auto window/sunroof features are infrared, however, and operate only if the key is pointed at the small square IR receiver in the driver's door handle. The IR range is usually less than the RF range, and can be affected by bright sunlight directly on the door handle."

I tried that as well, although nothing is happening. I`m pressing button between temperature control and that button have 3 functions, could be pressed down, up or in.
How can I test my ir receiver in the doors?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom