W221 320cdi service

Discussion in 'Parts, Maintenance & Servicing' started by Borys, Sep 18, 2013.

1. Borys

Borys Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    2005 cl500
    Had my car checked yesterday and seems last service wasn't done properly.
    Anyways car booked for tuesday and we will do:
    - engine oil + filter
    - fuel filter
    - air filters
    - gear box oil
    -rear brake discs and pads
    - 3 faulty glow plugs with the relay
    Car should be spot on after.
    Just cannot believe some times, service history says fuel filter done and looks like wasn't touched for years :-0
    All parts 600 quid some from dealership
    Cannot wait for my new baby to get a first treat from me :)

2. joecash

joecash Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    S320 CDI
    unfortunately this is not unusual, indeed, imho, it is commonplace

3. neilmong

neilmong New Member

Car:
    c200 sports coupe
    Service at main deal RIP OFF!

Help to you all, this is my first post on here so please bare with me. I had my 57 plate(pre clc) c200 CDI sprt coupe serviced at the main dealer in Bishops Stortford, it went in for a "B" service, I was told I should have the engine flushed as well. Anyway £640.00 later/lighter I picked up the car. All they had done was "check" the car and change the oil etc. what Adria off! To add insult to injury they put the car through a car wash(something I will never do, manual only) and broke off the pure DAB external aerial, which I now have to replace and invoice them. Also if the women had have smiled her face would have cracked. I came away feeling patronised with coments like "our tech guys are not used to stamping service books as all our customers drive modern versions". I love my merc and want to look after it. I will not go back there as I have found an independent merc garage in Harlow who collected my car and did an auto transmission service, what a difference, well recommended. Thanks for the info on here. A really great site!Neilmong