W221 abs esp gearbissues

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alancls55

Car
Cls55 amg
Hi guys I've done a search and having trouble finding help on this one. A have a w221 s320cdi 2008. For a while sometimes the abs esp warning would come on and usually go off again when I drive away. Only ever came up on start up. An stayed on. Recently it's been on more often than not. The last day I started it and put in gear it was like the brakes kept locking on it wouldn't move in reverse atal untill I turned key on and off. I've had a mechanic look at it with star and when abs esp warning it on it can't connect. And all other ecus show a no can signal fault from n47-5. Both battery's have been changed recently. And when the abs light it not on I was able to drive it with diagnostic connected and all wheel speed sensors seem to be reading ok

Im thinking my abs module has had it? Anyine any recommendations?

That does sound like a power supply issue to the control unit or the control unit has had it.

I changed all 4 ABS sensors as a precaution and fault has not come back..
Gearbox errors occur eventually because of the faulty wheel speed sensor signals and they do not match the gearbox speed signals.
My ABS sensors also appeared to be ok on a live data run
Power steering also becomes heavy.
ABS sensors or reluctor ring issues is what i ended up determining on my car.
Sensors were easiest to change and i did all 4 on my car in about an hour in my own garage.
I would advise using genuine OEM ones rather than ebay specials after doing some research..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom