W221 ABS SENSOR

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

D4HWT

Car
CL 500 , W221
Hi,
Could anyone assist with the following:
Car had thrown lots of faults on dashboard, started with ABS/ESP faults then progressed to cruise inoperative to gearbox issues, limp mode etc.
I was also getting parking brake warning flashing up on dash with car stopped and parked up.
I have carsoft MB2 and 1st code was rear left speed sensor implausible which I originally reset but as time went on other weird things started happening.
The car gave lots of codes for all speed sensors, gearbox speed sensor etc etc..
I initially thought it was battery maybe failing although it was replaced just over a year ago (the big one in the rear).
Voltages checked and appeared normal with car on and off.
I reset all codes and left the car to charge up on a battery tender overnight. Took it out for a 5 min drive next day and it drove fine, no codes etc.
I did a live data check on the ABS sensors and noticed that only 2 read ( 1 front and 1 rear diagonally opposite) when car is driving fwd and the other 2 read when car is in reverse??
Can anyone else confirm this??
Been stuck working overseas since so not had a chance to fully test car since my 5 min drive before I left.
Plan on changing rear left speed sensor as a precaution as it was the first code that came up and I know if 1 or more of these fail it can affect other modules on the car..
Gearbox had a new TCU/ Plate installed last December so im sure the gearbox side is ok.
Could be battery but voltages were all around 14v on idle and above 12.3 at rest so i'm not convinced.

Cheers

Just to update,
I replaced All 4 ABS sensors and everything went back to normal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom