W221 Diesel leak from fuel filter

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Steveamg

Car
BMW M3
W221
S320 CDI

I had initially thought i had oil leaking however after digging a bit i can see a little spool of diesel on top of the fuel filter.

There are 2 short hoses coming from the filter - is it worth changing these? or is there something else i should be looking at first? I have read that there is a seal under the fuel filter casing which can cause a leak sometimes.

It will be the pipes, a short 90 degree one and the other with a plastic housing around it that goes to the pump.

Make sure that it is a diesel leak underneath and not oil, oil cooler seals are quite common and not a cheap fix.

If its on the top the it is most likely the hoses and/or clips. Recently had to change mine as one pipe was weeping through its wall and causing a pool on top on the filter. Not (too) expensive and an easy change.

Cheers both.

The diesel is sitting on top of the filter. I was thinking of replacing the filter however i may just change the hoses first. The short one looks easy enough to change, how difficult is it to replace the other one?

Can some one provide me with a part number if possible? I take it is a dealer only part?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom