w221 driver window stopped working

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GH421

Car
W221 S320L Cdi
my drivers window is stuck open! I was driving and put the window down a little bit and now it won't go back up.

all the other windows work fine as does everything else.

Hi,

I don't know if it is your specific problem, but the driver side door control module (the early ones anyway) can and do die, and will require reprogramming to the latest version.

This is because the thermal shut off switch in the early version of the software is way to sensitive and trigger happy.

Hope this helps.

Hi,

yes it turned out to be the Door control module requiring a software update.

Still can't get my head around the fact a computer is required for an electric window.

Still can't get my head around the fact a computer is required for an electric window.

A relay matrix could do it instead of a computer. Or would you call it a computer too because it would be rather complex, filling all the room inside the door if not more. Not exactly simple to implement hall sensor counters to enable soft closure, automatic closing and opening back to the previously used position with the touch of an AC control button. Interpreting CAN messages with relays would be interesting too, or would you run individual wires everywhere instead of CAN signalling?

With all the unavoidable SW bugs, the existing computer based implementation is after all more reliable, not to mention less costly, lighter etc.

I had the same problem and ended up getting the driver control module replaced as module was not responsive to any commands.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom