W221 - First Testdrive

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CWW

Here is a little article about the new S Class:

W221 Testdrive

Greetings
André

Sounds very nice. Shame I can't even get close to owning one. :(

A Lottery win is the only option I see to get my backside into one, unless crime does pay?? Maybe Plodd could answer that one?? ;)

A second hand one in 2015 after the depreciation has hit, after being let out of Wormwood Scrubs with 26 A Levels in woodwork.

sportyreptile said:
A Lottery win is the only option I see to get my backside into one, unless crime does pay?? Maybe Plodd could answer that one?? ;)

A second hand one in 2015 after the depreciation has hit, after being let out of Wormwood Scrubs with 26 A Levels in woodwork.

i like!

i'm, sure my 7 series will keep me amused until a nice used one arrives in my price-range :bannana:

SilverSaloon said:
i like!

i'm, sure my 7 series will keep me amused until a nice used one arrives in my price-range :bannana:

To be honest, the S-Class beats the pants off the new 7-series in terms of styling.

I think BMW really messed up (literally) with the new 7 series. It has no road presence: had one stuck behind me on the A1 the other day whilst driving a Polo and overtaking a lorry with the BMW driver all road-raged up 3 inches off my bumper. But if it was a new S-class or Aston DB9 I'd be cra**ing myself and would get out of the way asap!

ddentrec said:
To be honest, the S-Class beats the pants off the new 7-series in terms of styling.

I think BMW really messed up (literally) with the new 7 series. It has no road presence: had one stuck behind me on the A1 the other day whilst driving a Polo and overtaking a lorry with the BMW driver all road-raged up 3 inches off my bumper. But if it was a new S-class or Aston DB9 I'd be cra**ing myself and would get out of the way asap!

Yes I agree that the styling is "personal taste". Actually I quite like it, not that i wouldnt change a few things if it were up to me tho!

Personally i think it does have presence (see pic below), but its not about that for me - its all about (1) the driving feel, and (2) the toys!

49279366.my_bmw_poxIMAG0015.jpg

SilverSaloon said:
Yes I agree that the styling is "personal taste". Actually I quite like it, not that i wouldnt change a few things if it were up to me tho!

Personally i think it does have presence (see pic below), but its not about that for me - its all about (1) the driving feel, and (2) the toys!

49279366.my_bmw_poxIMAG0015.jpg

I just showed the photos of your car and the new S-class to 9 colleagues in the office (6 guys, 3 girls: age range 25-50):

1 guy thought the BMW was 'phat' and 'much better looking' than the S-Class.
2 girls laughed at the BMW's front end shape; rest though the S-Class was, quote: 'beautiful' and 'stylish' and 'would not have expected anything less from Mercedes' flagship-looks the Dogs B******s'.

Enough said in my view :)

beautiful looking car but for some strange reason the headlights seem to resemble a similarity to those of the ford focus.

i never said my car was more stylish than the new S. I dont think it is; i like the new S class, however i do believe that its more of a modern look than the current (W220) s class.

The styling of the 7 (as with all new style BMWs) is down to personal taste - some like, some hate.

the interior of the 7 is miles ahead of the current S class however, in looks, quality, and technology which was one of the main reasons why i chose the 7 over the W220 S.

Also remember BMW "toned down" the styling of the 7 in 2006... :)

Dear Silver Saloon,

I must offer you my humble apologies: there is one thing that you won't have when buying a BMW. And that's that creepy feeling at night when you wonder if your 18 month old merc is going have an attack of the tin worm :D .

Nice looking car.......
ddentric i think your remarks about a fellow members car ( in such detail ) is disrespectful.
Maybe your incident with driver "inches from your bumper " has clouded your judgement on these vehicles. Both cars are excellent motors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom