W221 Limp mode?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chrisjfinlay

Car
s320 cdi (W221)
Hey folks,

Last night, my car was perfectly fine. This morning while leaving the house I noticed the car felt a bit sluggish, and as the journey went on, some things became apparent:

1) The car won't rev above 3000
2) When going uphill, I can sometimes change down to help me, but otherwise even when switching to manual it ignores my attempts to change gear
3) There's no warning lights coming on, at all.

It's a W221 320CDi. I've not had a chance to get the OBD out, as I'm in work right now, but I was planning on taking it to the garage at lunchtime.

Any ideas? It feels like it's in limp mode, which is a pain in the rectum considering I live on the Isle of Man and everywhere is a damn hill...

I went out at lunch to take it to Mercedes, but when I started driving down the road all seemed fine. Full revs, full power... no lights on the dash. So it looks like it's clear. Seems it was a precautionary measure by the engine after picking up on something? Maybe dirty fuel? I did stick 3/4 tank in last night...

Could be. When I get home I'll fire up the OBD2 and see if anything's lingering.

"Have you tried turning it off and on again?" (IT crowd)

Maybe it needs a good Italian tune up to sort it out?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom