W221 passing by on autobahn

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
3 passangers in a car,lagguage car felt compfy at that speed also fuel consumption reasonable :)

To be honest ive done 95ish mph over here and someone has gone past me quicker...

I was underwhelmed.

I just wanted to point how calm and grand s class looks at high speeds - awsome

That must have been similar to what people saw when I took a CL500 over there in 2009. We were passing everything (the fuel consumption was pretty bad but then it was flat out every chance we could get).

The one car that sticks in my memory was on a very long straight we were sitting at about 140mph when I notice headlights in the rear vision mirror approaching very very quickly. Checked to make sure we were definitely in a derestricted section in case it was the Politzei and pulled over to make some room.

A black Audi estate rocketed by like we were standing still and disappeared into the distance. A rough guess was that it had to be close to, if not exceeding, 300kph.

Which makes the 400kph+ speed of a Veyron simply incredible

A black Audi estate rocketed by like we were standing still and disappeared into the distance. A rough guess was that it had to be close to, if not exceeding, 300kph.
probably rs6 :cool:

I just wanted to point how calm and grand s class looks at high speeds - awsome

It's all relative. You were at 90 he was at say 100...so only a 10 mph difference. I suspect it would not have appeared so calm if you had been standing at the side of the road.

This is a bit of a willy waggling thread...innit.

I have taken my E320 up to 130mph and I must say it was very stable and planted. My old 530d started to feel a little light at these speeds...

Funny, that... it seems that the other driver was filming as well:

[YOUTUBE]NFHvJRnXAQ4&[/YOUTUBE]

Here's a vid of some very fast (don't you just love HUD!) but well disciplined Corvette autobahn driving! Very impressive!! Incredible acceleration from around 07.57 ... :)

Fast driving autobahn corvette C5 manual - YouTube

I want a C5 'Vette!!! ('99s are only about £12K........) :D

I don't understand what the figures are in the centre of the HUD?
I've driven a C5, they sound fab but interior is awful, cheap and squeaky!

I'm at 90mph, my girlfriend manage to catch W221 passing by :)
German Speed Freedom ;)

W221 passing by - YouTube

If that was Tuesday around mid afternoon between Mannheim and Frankfurt, it could have been me on my way back to the airport. The driver I had was regularly hitting around 240 - 250 kph :D fastest run I have ever had between Mannheim and Frankfurt but top driver felt 100% safe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom