W221 S-Class Comand Secret Menu & Navigation version

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Ah, ok. I looked and saw "rolling test", does that disable 4matic?

So I guess there isn't really a secret menu for the nav display area like older models had??? Was looking for something cool that previous cars I've owned had.

The 4-matic has no single clutch to operate, the only way to "disable" 4-matic is to remove one of the shafts. They still do not run the roller tests for brakes at out MOT inspections if I say the car is 4-Matic (and if it is one). Probably would be safe but the transfer case has a fixed torque differential and it would need to slip on a single axle roller.

The roller test from the menu disables completely ESP and ABS, making dyno tests safe for a RWD car, not really safe for a 4-matic unless tested on a dual axle roller.

As far as I know, there is no Comand engineering menu like previous Comand models have had and also more recent Comand models on other body types have. Perhaps simply because there are no buttons at the Comand unit itself to safely activate engineering menus. The menus can still be there but quite odd if this knowledge has not become public yet when it hardly takes a month for any other model that has the engineering menus.

The 4-matic has no single clutch to operate, the only way to "disable" 4-matic is to remove one of the shafts. They still do not run the roller tests for brakes at out MOT inspections if I say the car is 4-Matic (and if it is one). Probably would be safe but the transfer case has a fixed torque differential and it would need to slip on a single axle roller.

The roller test from the menu disables completely ESP and ABS, making dyno tests safe for a RWD car, not really safe for a 4-matic unless tested on a dual axle roller.

As far as I know, there is no Comand engineering menu like previous Comand models have had and also more recent Comand models on other body types have. Perhaps simply because there are no buttons at the Comand unit itself to safely activate engineering menus. The menus can still be there but quite odd if this knowledge has not become public yet when it hardly takes a month for any other model that has the engineering menus.

Thanks for the wealth of information. You know these cars inside and out very well.

I will always wonder about that darn menu...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom