W221 S-Class Comand Secret Menu & Navigation version

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bhartv

All, I have 3 questions:

1) On an S-Class W221, is there any special key sequence that allows you to get into an Enginnering mode or secret / hiddent menu for the Comand? I was able to access this on a W211 E-Class using the 3-5-7 trick

2) Also, since the Navigation DVD is copied onto a hard-drive, how do I check what version of Navigation I'm on? Do I need to pay a visit to the local MB garage or can I check it from home?

3) Finally, what is the latest Navigation version and how does it compare with previous releases from 2006 onwards?

Many thanks.

All, I have 3 questions:

1) On an S-Class W221, is there any special key sequence that allows you to get into an Enginnering mode or secret / hiddent menu for the Comand? I was able to access this on a W211 E-Class using the 3-5-7 trick

2) Also, since the Navigation DVD is copied onto a hard-drive, how do I check what version of Navigation I'm on? Do I need to pay a visit to the local MB garage or can I check it from home?

3) Finally, what is the latest Navigation version and how does it compare with previous releases from 2006 onwards?

Many thanks.

1. No!
2. I understand only via the Star machine at the dealer.
3. The latest version does have many map updates, on-screen ETA and birds eye view. I was told by the dealer I would need a software upgrade and the new map data and that would be £400+!!!:eek:
I'm still on the 2006 version......:eek:

i thought u can gt through the menu functions through the steering wheel buttons??

Yes my W221 is Jan 2008 and have the Birdseye and ETA the ETA is useful and i very rarely use the Birdseye.

Current models allow selecting the next next preset station by briefly pressing the steering wheel button. A longer press would give the next station (in alphabetical order or the next frequency if RDS info is not available).
Interactive Owner's Manual [In depth | Controls | On-board computer]

Older models work like Mactech explains, no instrument cluster menu option to select between one or the other mode.

All, I have 3 questions:

Many thanks.

1). Yes there is :) but its different to the old W211 code.
2). From one of the menu's under the engineering mode menu.
3). I believe its currently about June 2008:( There is an update coming i'm told.

Hi Alfie - any chance then you could expand on what you mean by: "1). Yes there is :) but its different to the old W211 code." Thx

Could someone please state what os the key sequence to access Engineering Mode on a W221 S-Class Comand. Thx

Could someone please state what os the key sequence to access Engineering Mode on a W221 S-Class Comand. Thx

If you get the info, would you promise not to complain if you make a mistake and the unit becomes a brick?

Don't ask me by the way, the first time I hear about this for a W221. To some extent I would be interested knowing too, just like any info concerning these cars but on the other hand I feel this info should remain the knowledge of these experts only. When I read the US W204 forums, I can already find a few owners making their Comand fail.

If you get the info, would you promise not to complain if you make a mistake and the unit becomes a brick?

Don't ask me by the way, the first time I hear about this for a W221. To some extent I would be interested knowing too, just like any info concerning these cars but on the other hand I feel this info should remain the knowledge of these experts only. When I read the US W204 forums, I can already find a few owners making their Comand fail.

Yep! I tend to agree:)

Understand Diesel Benz - Still waiting for the key sequence Alfie if you have it ... many thx

Hi Alfie - any chance then you could expand on what you mean by: "1). Yes there is :) but its different to the old W211 code." Thx

I think its the same as the W204 code........

Its not my fault if you bu66er up your comand unit!!!!!!!

Alfie - still waiting for the correct sequence to access Engineering mode on the W221 S-Class Comand? Thx

hold down mute for 2 seconds

Are you referring to the cluster "secret menu" (this needs two steering wheel buttons) or is it really this simple to get to the Comand engineering menu? Sounds dangerous, ordinary owners may do it unintentionally.

Personally I get sick of people asking for codes and secret menus on here.

Ban them.

Diesel Benz said:
Are you referring to the cluster "secret menu" (this needs two steering wheel buttons) or is it really this simple to get to the Comand engineering menu? Sounds dangerous, ordinary owners may do it unintentionally.

Can someone explain how to do it?

Can someone explain how to do it?

I was referring to the instrument cluster "secret" menu that actually isn't any secret menu. If you need to know how to access that menu, browse startekinfo web site:
http://www.startekinfo.com
for workshop resources and "reset service indicator" from there and follow the W221 specific instructions.

Ah, ok. I looked and saw "rolling test", does that disable 4matic?

So I guess there isn't really a secret menu for the nav display area like older models had??? Was looking for something cool that previous cars I've owned had.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom