W221 s-class

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

merc85

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
CLK 500
Hi what sort of suspension do the S-class w221 have? is it the same ABC set up as the earlier w220?

Or a ABC option on the 500.

Or a ABC option on the 500.

Is this set up one to avoid? I know they are expensive when they go wrong but then again are most things on an S Class :thumb:

I have looked at these lately (W221) and it's a fair bang for your buck

Well I own one and they have to be great value second hand,the airmatic is not much of a problem the good news is that the parts that might give a problem have all tumbled in price such as air pumps,keep them serviced and they run well,the 722.9 box can give problems but again the speed plates are now being repaired for not much money and so that is no longer a £1,000 repair.

Hi what sort of suspension do the S-class w221 have? is it the same ABC set up as the earlier w220?

Change of direction, Gav?

:D

Yeah, it was on mine too.

I drove an S500 in Feb when I was first thinking of moving on.

It's a great car but the one I drove didn't have a great ride.

I wonder if there was something wrong with it though because it had had replacement front suspension at 5.5 years old.

Not sure how normal that is.

I think they are Airmatic on all S and CL from that vintage so it should have been way better I would have thought - particular as it was on 18s! :eek:

Airmatic every time if you want a smooth ride but don`t lower the suspension it seems to change the ride. They are much more efficient and reliable these days and good for 120K

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom