W221 S320 2007 Cracked windscreen

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Steveamg

Car
BMW M3
I need to replace the windscreen on my 2007 S320 W221.

Idaelly wish to replace it for like for like - which i assume will be v expensive?

Car has rain sensor and i am told heat shield? (is this a refelective tint built into the glass?)

Thinking of going through the insurance however worried it may have a affect agaimst my NCB!

Any advice would be great.
Thanks

1000's of windshields get changed every week, without note. The big companies deal with all types, sensor, tints etc without issue.

Regarding your NCB, read your insurance policy!!

I have the same car and unless you have heated wipers and lots of other extras on it ,you will be fine using your insurance windscreen fitters,the screens take some getting out,but I and many others have had zero problems.

I had to have two screens replaced within a fortnight earlier this year on my w220 s500. Mine had rain and light sensors and was the heat reflective glass. No problems with supplying or fitting and made no difference to my NCB.
Ring your insurance company, would be surprised if there was a problem.

Might be a silyl question, how do i know if my windscreen is head reflective glass?

Is there a part number etched on the screen to tell which is green glass and which is heat reflective?

Try head butting it? :)

Seriously, if it's heat reflective it tends to have a blue-ish gold tinge to it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom