W221 S320L CDI just got one and has issues!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AliZafar5

Car
S320L CDI
Hello Mates!

Good to be part of this community after many years as I sold my previous W210 OM606.

I recently brought home a 2008 57000 kms driven W221 320 CDI which has was parked for a long time in pretty muddy conditions. The car had snails and other insects infestation and the engine bay was full of dirt till about had of the engines height.

After replacing the main as well as the auxiliary batteries, removing the under shields and a thorough underside wash, I drove it for two days. The car drives fine and shifts well but keeps doing these erratic things, like the speedo maxing out while the vehicle is parked, the tail lights flicking/flashing and the air con blower turning on and off on its own and doesnt respond when the blower speed is increased or decreased.

I expect there is moisture in the SAM units and the speedo maybe a wheel speed sensor issue. Needs plugging into a Star firstly.

Thanks for the reply

So what are SAM Units? Where should I be looking for them? I got it hooked to an advanced diagnostic (not Star) while it had many stored codes which were cleared, it only had one current code related to blower regulator.

Can some one kindly share the part number for it? or an excerpt from parts catalog? I tried looking for it and was only able to find it for vehicles till 2007.

So I removed and dismantled the front and the rear sams and fuse boxes and cleaned all contacts including fuses and relays with and contact cleaner and it fixed all the issues!

So I removed and dismantled the front and the rear sams and fuse boxes and cleaned all contacts including fuses and relays with and contact cleaner and it fixed all the issues!
Do you have any pictures of the connectors, relays and fuses cleaned?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom