W221 s350

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

geek

Car
2011 W221 S350
Hi everyone,

I've just dipped my hand in my pocket and bought (subject to test drive) a W221 2011 S Class S350.

It has most if not all the bells and whistles. Just wondered what peoples genuine feelings are if they are already owners or have owned one.

Thanks in advance

A friend of mine has a 2010 S350 CDI. I drove it on German Autobahns. Fantastic car.... enjoy.

Silver 65,000

Heated rear seats, revering camera, door close assist boot assist, all the lights gizmo's, Comand, multicontour backrests and dynamic lumbar support, Harmon Kardon, Spiltview, Garage door / gate opener, AMG wheels and body kit...

Looking forward to Friday :)

I've had a few and hated each one. The 500 is soooooo much nicer. Night and day stuff.

geek said:
Silver 65,000 Heated rear seats, revering camera, door close assist boot assist, all the lights gizmo's, Comand, multicontour backrests and dynamic lumbar support, Harmon Kardon, Spiltview, Garage door / gate opener, AMG wheels and body kit... Looking forward to Friday :)

Sounds like a lovely spec. Did you go for a petrol or diesel?

Does your car have distronic plus?

Prone to sludge and knackered engine/gearbox mounts as early as 45kmiles if mainly city driven . If the engine shakes/judders severely when switching off its time for new mounts . Drive it hard whenever you can and use premium diesel , then you'll enjoy it !

Last edited:
Great car. Don't use premium diesel apart from every 4 fill ups. Keeps egr clean but produces slightly more soot that clogs DPF quicker. Just opened can of worms with that one.

I've had a few and hated each one. The 500 is soooooo much nicer. Night and day stuff.

Hi Stumpy1
I am after a low mileage S500L probably W221 any advice at all so that I can pick the correct one, BTW my first MB was a W126 420 L. have to say best MB I have had yet and some 9 different models, ages and milages have past my way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom