w221 - s400? did this ever exist in the UK

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The Boss

MB Enthusiast
Car
private!
s400.JPG

is this eddie stobart? dunno.. but more so, whats with the S400 AMG?

s400.JPG

is this eddie stobart? dunno.. but more so, whats with the S400 AMG?

No, it didn't exist in the UK, in fact a reg check on that shows it's an S320 CDI, so I guess they've rebadged to match the plate!

A-AvantGarde said:
No, it didn't exist in the UK, in fact a reg check on that shows it's an S320 CDI, so I guess they've rebadged to match the plate!

That's really sad someone would do that

Clearly an AMG variant too, rare.

I saw a 'CLS32 AMG' recently - seemed quite noisy and smokey too...

My debadged E55 is neither noisy nor smokey...
I just like the idea of a Q car. Juvenile, ain't I?

How would you feel about rebadging a debadged E55 as an E200?

E55BOF

I've considered it but never done it.

Those who 'know', know, and those who don't probably don't care.

Has caught me out once with a lowly-badged Golf but there aint really a factory Golf quick enough to pull it off against my E200... :D

I had a Cooper S with a Mini 850 badge on it once. Good fun...

My E55 (just got it) has nothing on the tailgate at all, so it is a blank canvas. An E200 badge might also make it less attractive to little toerags as a potential source of valuables inside, but mainly, once in a while when the whim took me it would really micturate off (most of) the hot hatchback brigade, and even Darren I'm-Too-Thick-To-Know-Which-Way-Round-To-Wear-A-Baseball-Cap in his Scooby...

Leave it de badged, the big wheels and two pipes give it away

If you're going to do it, at least put the badge on straight

The 'S400' looks awful

I've never seen the point of badging a car incorrectly. I see why some people choose to not display a badge, jealousy in the car park at work, leaving people guessing or just because the rear end looks cleaner without a badge.

I did have nothing but the AMG badge on the ducktail of my e36 w124, driving that was always fun. To most idiots it's just another old Merc, and they have probably outrun a similar looking e220 and feel the urge to give it a go, a little wheel spin and I'm off. Yes a 20 year old car that you thought was a sack of sh*t, has just made you look a wally in front of all your mates.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom