W221 steering wheel wobble/shimmer/shake

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

WileyMorris

Car
BMW
Hi all,

The car has a steering wheel shake/wobble/shimmer at speeds above 50mph. So far:

* I've had the wheels balanced (twice by different places).
* four wheel alignment
* I've had the thrust arm bushings replaced.
* for good measure I've replaced the gearbox and engine mounts.
* brought some used 18" w211 wheels from ebay, which (may also be out of balance admittedly) didn't help.

yet the damn thing still wobbles above 50mph. The flatter the road surface the more noticeable it is. The tyres are relatively new pirelli P Rosso and the alloys look fine with no obvious damage or bending.

I'm stumped and it would appear so are my indy, having had the car four times for the work above and yet still no improvement. I'm sick of being told it's fixed or normal and yet it comes back exactly the same. My E-class doesn't do it, my Porsche doesn't do it. Just the S-class.

The car is a 2010 build, 2011 registered S350 Bluetec with AMG sports package and optional 20" alloy wheels.

What else could it be? I'm fast running out of ideas. What should I do next?

Hi all,

The car has a steering wheel shake/wobble/shimmer at speeds above 50mph. So far:

* I've had the wheels balanced (twice by different places).
* four wheel alignment
* I've had the thrust arm bushings replaced.https://19216811.cam/ https://1921681001.id/
* for good measure I've replaced the gearbox and engine mounts.
* brought some used 18" w211 wheels from ebay, which (may also be out of balance admittedly) didn't help.

yet the damn thing still wobbles above 50mph. The flatter the road surface the more noticeable it is. The tyres are relatively new pirelli P Rosso and the alloys look fine with no obvious damage or bending.

I'm stumped and it would appear so are my indy, having had the car four times for the work above and yet still no improvement. I'm sick of being told it's fixed or normal and yet it comes back exactly the same. My E-class doesn't do it, my Porsche doesn't do it. Just the S-class.

The car is a 2010 build, 2011 registered S350 Bluetec with AMG sports package and optional 20" alloy wheels.

What else could it be? I'm fast running out of ideas. What should I do next?
thank you my issue has been solved

Hi mate can you let me know what it was the problem? Because I have the same problem with my s class

Best Regards
I had the same problem with mine. Have you ruled out buckled alloys. Had two tyres changed previously and at neither time did the guys mention that they were buckled even though they must have been spinning untrue when they balanced them. Just a thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom