W221 "Traffic Circle's" in Sat Nav guidance?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mlawson

I am curious, my W221 S350 (2011) when using sat nav continuously refers to a roundabout as a "Traffic Circle". Does anybody else have this? This is different to all the other Merc's I have owned.

My experience with Sat-Nav's in general is that the words used are dependent upon the voice / language selected.

Has an American English language option been selected? Does it refer to motorway exits as "off ramps" too? If so, then chances are it has.

Mine is NTG 3.5 as well but it says roundabout.

Sent from my H8116 using Tapatalk

Many thanks. There is only one English language in the menu. I have also noticed that the menu doesn't tie up with what is in the manual, in particular Sat Radio. Does anyone else have the same? See photos.
IMG_5911.JPG IMG_5815.JPG

Ahh... Satellite Radio. AFAIK, that is only commonplace in the US market, which would tend to tie in with the Americanised lexicon.

I'mm PM @richard to see if he can shed any light on it

Sat Radio is a US only option.

Roundabout is what the Americans think is a traffic circle. They dont have many!

So, either the car is an American market car or the Comand unit has come from an American car.

It's a UK car, looking at the diagnostics info the local MB gave me a few months ago, I notice the P/N of the COMAND head unit is 2219016600, which (according to Google) looks like it could be the US version of the head unit.

In that case its had the Comand changed at some point for a USA version, hence the symptoms you are seeing.

Hi

As yours is a 2011 it has a NTG3.5. European "eBay" NTG3.5 are seriously expensive, but used American ones are much more common and much cheaper (and readily available in Germany for some reason I haven't worked out). It has been coded which has enable some of the European stuff (i.e radio frequency spacing to be correct I assume) but not everything ..

So it looks like your unit has been replaced with a USA one as Alfie says ! "A2219016600" is the hardware part number, there's a software part number and an overall part number. You'd find the overall part number in EPC to be 100% sure, but the appearance of the Sat Radio menu shows its a USA unit also

Happy to try and code it to be more European if you are near Lightwater !

Richard

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom