W221 tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paulpod

Car
2012 s 350lwb
Hi there everyone. This is my first post on here and hopefully I can get some advice. I drive a 2012 S 350LWB . It’s fitted with factory 20” AMG wheels and 275/35/r20(back) and 255/35/r20 (front) tyres. My question is can I fit 275/40 or 45 on the back and 255/40 or 45 on the front. The tyres are so low I keep scuffing the rims off kerbs and looking to get a bit more rubber

Your handbook should tell you the range of tyre sizes that were available from the factory.
If you increase the sidewall height and keep the same width you will change the rolling radius.

Look on line for tyre size comparison sites where you can enter the tyre size you have and then enter the sidewall height you want and it will tell you what other parameters the tyre should have to keep the overall radius the same.

What do you think of the ride quality of the car vs the look of those wheels ?

You'll get much better ride quality from 19's, 18's 17's.....

It's a serious question if you're contemplating replacing all four tyres.

The correct solution would be to fit 18" wheels with 255/45 tyres - that's how mine is set up. Should give you a more comfortable ride as well.

I have a nice set of 18” wheels for sale
Could swap even
f939fe43617a04b6688b2db107f71c59.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your handbook should tell you the range of tyre sizes that were available from the factory.
If you increase the sidewall height and keep the same width you will change the rolling radius.

Look on line for tyre size comparison sites where you can enter the tyre size you have and then enter the sidewall height you want and it will tell you what other parameters the tyre should have to keep the overall radius the same.
Thanks for the reply. I have checked the car manual but couldn’t find the information I wanted. also had a few searches online but again couldn’t find the answers.

What do you think of the ride quality of the car vs the look of those wheels ?

You'll get much better ride quality from 19's, 18's 17's.....

It's a serious question if you're contemplating replacing all four tyres.

Thanks for your reply. The ride quality is ok with ,e and I like the look of the 20”AMG’s but have scrapped the, a few times and was just looking to see if I could put a taller Tyre on.

Thanks for the reply. I have checked the car manual but couldn’t find the information I wanted. also had a few searches online but again couldn’t find the answers.
Check fuel filler flap for tyre sizes as will tell you along side the pressures I've 19" running factory spec sizes fronts 255/35/19 and rears 285/30/19

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply. I have checked the car manual but couldn’t find the information I wanted. also had a few searches online but again couldn’t find the answers.[/QUOT

A few seconds typing found these : tyre size comparison - Google Search

I do not think you were looking very hard!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom