W221/W216 Rear Control arms V8 Vs V12

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pillow

Car
C216 CL600
Hi all,

Does anyone with a V12 S Class or CL know if the control arms in the rear are definitely different to those on a V8 model.

The part numbers I have are
A2213501306
A2213501406
A2213501506
A2213501606
A2213501153
A2213501253
A2213501706
A2213501806

These seem to exclusively be on the 65 and 600 models and all other models in the range use slightly different part numbers. I've eyeballed these and they look VERY similar. A lot of parts seller say the arms are compatible across all W216 and W221 models from S320 to S65, CL500 to CL65 but list the compatible part number as not the ones I've listed above.

It seems to me so far that all of these arms (bar the ones ending in 53) are only available directly from Mercedes and at an atrocious price.

If anyone can advise whether there is some cross compatibility that isn't listed anywhere or know where I can get them at a more reasonable price please let me know.

Thanks!

I checked whats on mine (V8) and a generic 216.378 and yes they are different and yes you seem to have the right ones. Perhaps ping me your VIN to ensure you have the correct ones. From experience when i replaced my front ones, I should of had them replaced at a dealer for £100 more. Not that I have any issues but you dont need the hassle and the amount of work needed means your indie will be only slightly cheaper.

I checked whats on mine (V8) and a generic 216.378 and yes they are different and yes you seem to have the right ones. Perhaps ping me your VIN to ensure you have the correct ones. From experience when i replaced my front ones, I should of had them replaced at a dealer for £100 more. Not that I have any issues but you dont need the hassle and the amount of work needed means your indie will be only slightly cheaper.

Thanks for confirming. My dealers have confirmed that the numbers above are what they have listed for my VIN, and the EPC I'm using also have me those numbers for my VIN.

I've just had a look at what is currently on the car though and I cannot find any reference to the part numbers on there. Other than a few eBay listings I can't see anything in the EPC.

The two arms where I can clearly see cast into the arms are A2213520505 and A2213520105. I plan to enquire at the dealers if these are some previous designation of part but I am a bit surprised that the EPC isn't telling me this.

Thanks for confirming. My dealers have confirmed that the numbers above are what they have listed for my VIN, and the EPC I'm using also have me those numbers for my VIN.

I've just had a look at what is currently on the car though and I cannot find any reference to the part numbers on there. Other than a few eBay listings I can't see anything in the EPC.

The two arms where I can clearly see cast into the arms are A2213520505 and A2213520105. I plan to enquire at the dealers if these are some previous designation of part but I am a bit surprised that the EPC isn't telling me this.

Weird indeed, listing disappeared. I wouldnt be surprised if they are out of production due to the small number of cars sold on that config.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom