W221 wiper blades

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ScoobyDooLondon

Car
Mercedes S320 CDI 2008
The wipers on my 2008 W221 sometimes shudder and don't clean as well as they use to, so time to replace them.

Rang Mercedes, £36 for the pair. Seems steep. But prepared to pay the price if they're actually good.

What are the wiper blades of choice? Bosch usually come with a good reputation but who make the Merc branded ones?

What's everyone else buying?

They are the only ones to have, wiper blades always OEM :thumb:

Get the merc ones, the snidey ones judder and make your rain sensor think it in a downpour and go fast speed in light rain

Don't forget to degrease your windscreen and clean properly which is probably why your wipers are juddering anyway.

I've just had exactly the same problem with my wipers, in desperation, before buying new, I spayed carb cleaner onto a rag and spent 15mins heavy cleaning the screen and blades.
The judder is completely gone, although at 25k miles it's probably time to get new.

FYI - I replaced the old wipers on my car with aero flat wiper blades, cost £5.46 delivered from ebay, fitted in minutes, look great and do the business as well. I am well chuffed! (just make sure you get right type for your model of merc.)

FYI - I replaced the old wipers on my car with aero flat wiper blades, cost £5.46 delivered from ebay, fitted in minutes, look great and do the business as well. I am well chuffed! (just make sure you get right type for your model of merc.)

They won't last. Buy cheap buy often :thumb:

Normally I would agree, you get what you pay for. I've had wipers on car for 2 months, working great, in Scotland where it is wet approx. 80% of the time. Guess I will wait and see how they fare! Will let you all know in approx. 6 months time on condition/wear of wipers....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom