W222 headlight and coding fund

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jjcodex

Car
S350 W222 SL55 AMG
Hey guys

I have recently alas hit a deer with my car which cracked my headlight lens. Such is life.

I have purchased one recently from Ebay and the LED code for coding the lamp is not there to my horror (and was removed since the ad images).

In this instance, I am refitting my existing ballast ecu on the back, and the vendor advises that this will therefore not need coding, as the car will see it as the same unit.

Does anybody know if this is correct as I have a vanishingly small window to take it back!

Thanks

JJ

Isn't the coding required to tell the ballast how to power the LEDs? That is each LED unit has a different tolerance to input power.
Sorry not expressing myself very well...

Hiya

The two parts are identical (same part numbers).

as such, I would expect the ballast to simply come off my existing unit (which works perfectly and is simply suffering with a cracked lens), and go onto the new identical unit.

The fact that the ballast does what you suggest above is fine, and the question is whether by using my existing ballast that this negates the need to code the new lamp to the car...

Also, the ballasts are a replacable unit so far as I can see.

Ta

JJ

Just to further clarify, I have my old unit which is in perfect working order except the plastic front lens. As such, I can swap over all of the control modules connected to the unit.

My main worry is ending up with a light I cannot use just because the sticker has veen removed with the LED code thingy! Do let me know if I am wrong.

JJ

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom