W222 - Internet conntected but cant use browser error 503

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jjcodex

Car
S350 W222 SL55 AMG
Hi all

I wonder if I am the only one suffering this.

My car is a 66 plate S350 and connects to Internet via my Samsung s9+.

The Internet connects the car fine via Bluetooth or USB, and in both cases the very few Internet apps (ie weather and radio) work fine.

However, if I try to use the www browser in comand , it will not provide any result other than 503 Service Unavailable.

Two questions:

1. Am I the only one? (Has done ti since I have had the car from October this year)
2. Can it be fixed?

Car had new maps uploaded when I bought it by MB - would they have updated software or should this be my first request

Thankss very much !

James

The 503 is returned from the remote site (this could be a proxy).
It is telling you that the web service (e.g Apache) is accepting requests but the service behind this (e.g. Tomcat) has a problem.
So not a problem at your end.

Why would you be trying to use a car based browser? Would not be surprised if it is no longer supported as most folk would use their phone, laptop, tablet etc.

As above, the browser function has been discontinued.

It was outdated and didn't work well anyway, and MB said something about not being able to source a license for the new SSL security certificates so they just decommissioned it altogether.

But to be sure that you are actually connected OK you can check that the Weather app or Internet Radio still work.

Last edited:
BTW, bizarrely John Cadogan from Auto Expert went into a rant about this very thing:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Personally I think it's a bit OTT to claim that a new car is not fit for purpose (or not as described) once the browser function was discontinued.

Exactly same on my S350, 503 error as described above so it looks like it has been decommissioned, the internet radio & other incar apps work fine.

Thanks guys - that is a shame

Toi be fair, the electronic interfaces on all cars tend to be the weak link so I wont bother spending any further time on it.

As to why - well because its there was best answer!!!!!!

JJ

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom