W222 rear fog light

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Diesel Benz

MB Enthusiast
Car
223.168 & 213.012 & 214.005 & 906.633
Not sure if this is the correct forum to ask but: does anyone have a photo from the W222 rear fog-light when it is actually on?

I've tried to google it but only found photos where the light is off.

The rear fog seems to consist of 9 separate LEDs, should all light up?

4 LEDs for the rear fog lamp according to the press release.

If there are others, they might come on during emergency braking.

4 LEDs for the rear fog lamp according to the press release.

If there are others, they might come on during emergency braking.

Thanks for the reply. I think you are referring to the same press release that I've found, the only thing in the internet that gives some info about the number of leds that should light up.

Four come up on mine. Almost three years with the car and the first time I've seen the rear fog on. It has 9 leds but the center led and 2 at each end do not turn on when the rear fog is activated. Looks odd but might be as intended since no bulb warning appears when the rear fog is on.

I don't think I'll try emergency braking to see if the rest fire up. :D

Contact Gr1nch. He's got one. Might not mind nipping outside to take a picture if you ask nicely.

Here's a pic I took tonight (*) that shows for of the LEDs being used. Tried all light switching, engine, transmission and braking combinations, but didn't see any more then these four lit (two either side of the central star logo).
1iUDcvTdL_Ld1l6_j3e7JvIcMXXM19CKMwfwwhKgpw0ZzvP7vBIzUjwogKHyjD9AuEe7loyfKbFfW8VjOqbyYERC2bwKu7AD439J5_fLKdbfgPwBDYAwzmpTD9_R7cgg1oFMsRwUz60=w1960-h1106-no

This is an album of all the main exterior light combinations (there's quite a few) with descriptions on each picture.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/yoiMjTdgkl9os9V13

* apologies for the delay but I've not been on the forum for months with all the moving back and in and everything

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom