Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.
[YOUTUBE]Xu6hUOU8MRs&[/YOUTUBE]

Some more renderings/artists impressions:

1333548664493481740.jpg

1749011718105561407.jpg

6899412371146467049.jpg

1862692333352359452.jpg

these look nice for a c class shape or even an e class - the back; well it isnt great and looks very korean

The S class of today has such a road presence that you cant help but look especially with amg body kit and that is almost 6-7 years on - this one just doesnt seem to be able to do that at all - all the new mercs seem to look the same - i used to like the fact that they all looked different in their own way - they diddnt look as if one was a smaller or bigger version of the other. generic crap

whilst i am excited by this new s, i agree, the exterior is looking not great at the front, but i am liking the back.
the interior is giving the wow factor for me at the moment..

all in good time i guess...

1st official 'teaser' photos:

123040126850969409.jpg

7621715501313902831.jpg

1949041418370882958.jpg

14900887881304650961.jpg

What do people think of the bonnet line that falls down the side of the car once it gets to the rear?

[YOUTUBE]IHDV9fOWYwI&[/YOUTUBE]

I like the bonnet line - but I hope that underneath it it's no where near as recessed as the folks who made the renders think it'll be.

Any news on the release date?

Will be unveiled around April time, this time next year it will be available here

hope that command not a touch screen

The 2013 Mercedes-Benz S-Class will likely get a camera-based pedestrian detection system and additional safety tech.

While all of today’s systems use radar for detecting road obstacles, the system in the new S-Class will initially use radar to identify potential hazards. Cameras, which are more efficient at interpreting the visual data than radar, will then analyze the information to figure out if the potential dangers are real or not.

Developed by Continental, this camera-based pedestrian detection system is the first of its kind. It is more accurate than current systems as the camera can prevent unnecessary activation of the automatic braking function. This system is also good for detecting pedestrians located behind parked vehicles.

It will work together with Emergency Steer Assist for helping drivers swerve around an obstacle whenever there’s an emergency. In milliseconds it can calculate the optimum evasive maneuver line and also assist the inputs coming from the electric power steering motor.

The Continental-developed Emergency Brake Assist system will be updated for the next-gen S-Class, allowing automatic braking from up to 44 mph (70 km/h) compared to the current system’s 19 mph (30 km/h) capabilities.

The 2013 Mercedes-Benz S-Class will continue the tradition of its predecessors, promising to deliver a raft of new tech.

It will feature Distronic Plus adaptive cruise control with Steering Assist that can sense when the driver has a hand on the steering wheel and will automatically steer to keep the vehicle in lane, along with accelerating and braking on its own when driving at speeds between 19 mph (30 km/h) and 124 mph (199 km/h).

The new S-Class will get an updated automatic emergency braking system that will work at speeds of up to 45 mph (72 km/h) and will be capable of recognizing the traffic crossing in front of the vehicle. In addition, a traffic sign recognition system has also been developed that can read speed limit signs, upcoming lane closuers and no entry signs.

The Attention Assist system has also been revamped and will be capable of monitoring the driver's drowsiness at speeds between 37 mph (59 km/h) and 124 mph (199 km/h). Thanks to several ultrasound sensors, the new S-Class will be able to park itself.

There's also a multi-mode rear sensor that can detect if a car is about to hit the back of the S-Class. When another car is approaching, the stationed S-Class will flash the indicators and if it detects impact it automatically holds the brakes in order to avoid a second collision.

The camera-based pedestrian detection system developed by Continental is also part of the package.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom