W223 S-Class Revealed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Was reading the Top Gear article about them. Sad news and would put me off buying one second hand unless they got their rses in gear. Not sure why they've left some of these features out as the W222 got the equivalent of most:

"Sadly Britain isn’t a massive market for the S-Class, so much of the spangly new tech won’t actually make it over here. At least not at first – some may arrive later. Headline tech we don’t get (yet) includes the rear-axle steering (which reduces the S’s turning-circle by a massive 1.9 meters) and trick ‘E Active Body Control’ that lays claim to being the “world’s most intelligent suspension” system. It counteracts pitch and roll, scans the road ahead for bumps and dips, leans into bends and can adjust damping at each corner 1000 times A SECOND.

We also miss out on the ‘Interior Assist’ function of the new MBUX infotainment system, which uses cameras pointed at the car’s occupants to effectively guess what it is you want to do, then do it for you. Look over your shoulder and it’ll automatically open the rear sunblind, for example. And if it sees you scrabbling around on the passenger’s seat at night looking for something, it’ll turn a light on for you.

AND we’re also only getting three of the five available screens – from launch Brits won’t be able to spec screens for rear-seat passengers mounted on the backs of the front seats. Those in the back won’t get the benefit of the trick new rear airbags either, or the colossally powerful 30-speaker Burmester stereo. Why oh why can’t we have nice things, Mercedes?"

Was reading the Top Gear article about them. Sad news and would put me off buying one second hand unless they got their rses in gear. Not sure why they've left some of these features out as the W222 got the equivalent of most:

"Sadly Britain isn’t a massive market for the S-Class, so much of the spangly new tech won’t actually make it over here. At least not at first – some may arrive later. Headline tech we don’t get (yet) includes the rear-axle steering (which reduces the S’s turning-circle by a massive 1.9 meters) and trick ‘E Active Body Control’ that lays claim to being the “world’s most intelligent suspension” system. It counteracts pitch and roll, scans the road ahead for bumps and dips, leans into bends and can adjust damping at each corner 1000 times A SECOND.

We also miss out on the ‘Interior Assist’ function of the new MBUX infotainment system, which uses cameras pointed at the car’s occupants to effectively guess what it is you want to do, then do it for you. Look over your shoulder and it’ll automatically open the rear sunblind, for example. And if it sees you scrabbling around on the passenger’s seat at night looking for something, it’ll turn a light on for you.

AND we’re also only getting three of the five available screens – from launch Brits won’t be able to spec screens for rear-seat passengers mounted on the backs of the front seats. Those in the back won’t get the benefit of the trick new rear airbags either, or the colossally powerful 30-speaker Burmester stereo. Why oh why can’t we have nice things, Mercedes?"
This is just temporary, in America they're also missing options such as ABC until mid next year. The UK is the third biggest market for the S I believe after the US and China, I doubt that they'd reduce the spec so that we can't have options we had on our S Class' 20 years ago.

But so is Irish market but any Irish person can cherry pick whatever they want, they have much smaller market than Brits

But so is Irish market but any Irish person can cherry pick whatever they want, they have much smaller market than Brits

Exactly. That's partly why I don't believe we will ever get these missing options as I stated in the other thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom