W223 S-Class Revealed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I specced one on the German configurator and it came up to 170k euros without me fully speccing it for a diesel S Class?? I'm looking for the S580e when it comes out but if it's going to cost ~£180k I might as well wait for the Flying Spur Hybrid. Has anyone got access to UK pricing yet?

Was reading the Top Gear article about them. Sad news and would put me off buying one second hand unless they got their rses in gear. Not sure why they've left some of these features out as the W222 got the equivalent of most:

"Sadly Britain isn’t a massive market for the S-Class, so much of the spangly new tech won’t actually make it over here. At least not at first – some may arrive later. Headline tech we don’t get (yet) includes the rear-axle steering (which reduces the S’s turning-circle by a massive 1.9 meters) and trick ‘E Active Body Control’ that lays claim to being the “world’s most intelligent suspension” system. It counteracts pitch and roll, scans the road ahead for bumps and dips, leans into bends and can adjust damping at each corner 1000 times A SECOND.

We also miss out on the ‘Interior Assist’ function of the new MBUX infotainment system, which uses cameras pointed at the car’s occupants to effectively guess what it is you want to do, then do it for you. Look over your shoulder and it’ll automatically open the rear sunblind, for example. And if it sees you scrabbling around on the passenger’s seat at night looking for something, it’ll turn a light on for you.

AND we’re also only getting three of the five available screens – from launch Brits won’t be able to spec screens for rear-seat passengers mounted on the backs of the front seats. Those in the back won’t get the benefit of the trick new rear airbags either, or the colossally powerful 30-speaker Burmester stereo. Why oh why can’t we have nice things, Mercedes?"

I suspect this is something I alluded to in another post, a bit of bullshit Brexit politicking, but also a large part of an English problem in general.

The English want it all, want to look like they have it all, but don’t want to pay for it, hence why well specced S classes are very rare in the U.K. and Mercedes obviously isn’t wanting to over supply cars it will have to heavily discount at a later date.

You can of course, as I have just found out, order a car through Mercedes centre of excellence, painted in any colour you like, with a range of individual options not normally available or part of packages, or available in a specific country. This for select AMG and all premium models. I have a Blue Black G400 sans blacked out windows on order, sure it comes at a premium over a standard car, but and S Class like the G should be a premium product. The new S is available in the U.K. to order right now with everything through the centre of excellence.

I specced one on the German configurator and it came up to 170k euros without me fully speccing it for a diesel S Class?? I'm looking for the S580e when it comes out but if it's going to cost ~£180k I might as well wait for the Flying Spur Hybrid. Has anyone got access to UK pricing yet?
The price due to taxes is very high in Germany. In the U.K. I would guess the entry level S400d is starting around £85k. I haven’t seen any prices yet.

I have a Blue Black G400 sans blacked out windows on order, sure it comes at a premium over a standard car, but and S Class like the G should be a premium product.
what is the price premium? Is it for RHD?

what is the price premium? Is it for RHD?
Yes, its a RHD UK car. Paint options are generally double what the designo options would cost, however the G Wagen is a little different as they are hand finished anyway. With the privacy glass delete, two tone interior, heated arm rests, gloss black trims and 199 Blaushcwarz paint is about £15k on list price.

Yes, its a RHD UK car. Paint options are generally double what the designo options would cost, however the G Wagen is a little different as they are hand finished anyway. With the privacy glass delete, two tone interior, heated arm rests, gloss black trims and 199 Blaushcwarz paint is about £15k on list price.
Looking forward to seeing it

Rubellite Red Metallic, Oooooh very nice. Shame about the wheels though.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Interesting departure from the design language 🤔

Most new Benzes nose design has a grill that is wider at the bottom than the top, whereas this is the opposite, which was the older design language.

This video came up in my feed which shows the car parking itself in a car park along with various other over the top technical gadgets! I really do think half of these things are just technology for technologies sake rather than actually having a meaningful impact on things.

I personally dislike the array of tablet screens everywhere, but I doubt you can order one without all that nonsense.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

And yes, it is another one from that shmee chap, who seems as divisive as marmite, but enthusiasm for motoring is a good thing!

The 4 wheel.steerimg (proper steering) is a game changer for town centres

I thought RWS was not going to be on UK cars.

I'm pretty sure I read that somewhere too. Also, V8s are denied to us I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom