w240 c220 cdi sport MPG

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

euge07

Car
c220 sport
hi guys

I think my car is quite sore on fuel,

it has 37000 miles and been serviced recently etc

it is avergaing around 30-32mpg

it is a 2011 c220 cdi sport, others I know are getting 50-60 mpg

my driving is mostly short 30mins journeys

the car is automatic

The short journeys are the cause I expect. When the temperature reaches 90 then the average consumption improves noticeably, but this takes about 20 minutes or over 10 miles I find.

Even on long journeys it isnt good, these cars should be alot more fuel effiecient, especially since they are blue effeciency models with eco mode

My pre-blue efficiency C220 646 is getting 38mpg on a 10 mile each way journey. The OP should be getting more than me.

C250 CDI estate here showing 44mpg on mixed 17 mile commute over 25 minutes. Brim to brim measurement worst iv had so far (only been a week) is 38.5. C220 and a saloon which is lighter should be more than mine. A lot depends on your average speed and number of roundabouts etc but your mpg seems to be closer to complete start stop city traffic than a longer commute.

my 2012 C220 CDI averages about 36-38 on my daily 11 mile journey to work and back, but on a run it will go up to 50+

'09 C250. 95000 miles. only had it 3 months but impressed with consumption. 30-32 around town. Easy 60 MPG at 70 mph on cruise on motorway.
Even around town warms up quickly. Fastest warm up I've ever had.
Jim.

Hi, I would like advice in a related issue...

The mpg start point used to be 30mpg, thus has now changed to 14mpg. The only change has been some garage suspension work.

Has anyone similar experience, what was cause, any fix?

I've got offer of the dealer running diagnostics to check for fault codes.

The apparent outcome is that it now takes longer to reach its previous very good 40-45mpg on a 45-1hour mixed run.

Thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom