w245 B150 (2006 model) - replacing the crankshaft sensor

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mark888

Car
56-plate W245
Hello,

The engine warning light came on on my B class on Monday. I hooked up my scanner and it gave me a P0335 code (Crankshaft Position Sensor A Circuit) so I've bought a Bosch Crankshaft Sensor from Eurocarparts which came today.

This video shows the crankshaft sensor being quite easy to get to on the B200:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Is it in the same place on my B150? I'm just thinking if it's something I could change on my driveway.

Thanks

I have a cl500 w215 2006, the crankshaft postion sensor is faulty, i bought a new one and started to remove the old one, what a joke, you cant see it only with a camera, finally removed the e8 bolt but the sensor is solid, I think its fused into the aluminium of engine, I cannot get to it with anything, I can feel it and i can see it with an endoscope but that is it, I have managed to break it now but it still will not move, I have also sprayed lots of plusgas on it and left it for a week, nothing just solid, apart from removing the engine anyone got any ideas?

Found this: w210 320 cdi om613 crankshaft position sensor is stuck. Any top tips for removal? | Engine Last post summarises it.
On my SL I had to get the blade of a chisel under the edge of the sensor and use it as a lever. Does depend on access though and it sounds like yours has even less than I had. I could at least see it from the right angle, but I couldn't see it and do stuff to it at the same time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom