W245 B170 - engine fan running once engine turned off

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

janz

Car
B170
Hi all got a bit of a problem that started today - the engine radiator fan is turning on, full blast once the engine is turned off at the ignition and runs till the battery goes flat. As soon as you turn the ignition on the radiator fan goes off.

At the minute as a short term fix Ive pulled the fuse out (no68) to stop it running and draining the battery, any ideas as I cant take it to a garage as short on cash as just been laid off.

any help gratefully received

Apologies if this is in wrong section

Last edited:
Hi, possibly was some moisture causing it, sprayed fan connections with WD40 and left overnight. I put fuse back in today - fan did not start - went for a drive (keeping fuse in ) got back home - fan did not start. happy days until it get wet again.
My only problem now is the radio is dead since getting jumped off

any idea where the part number would be located

No idea, try looking around the part... another possibility is that you post VIN here and someone check for EPC (unless you have access yourself via some MB membership)

edit: radio - have you checked all fuses?

will get back about VIN - cant see anything on fan as in the engine bay and no room to see anything

Radio - checked fuses named in on paper slip at fuse box - it only has 2 out of 5 named and both are unblown

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom