W246 B Class - Fuel flap actuator part number help please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HITECH

Car
C220 CDI
I need to replace an actuator for opening the fuel flap. Its been intermittent for over a year and needs replaced now. Struggling to find where it is on the EPC. Can somebody please help. I would really appreciate it. Mercedes in Glasgow gave me a price on it but I cant buy it over the phone and Im no where near Mercedes to get in and buy it :( . Need to find the part number on EPC now.

Just wondering if this is the correct one for a 2014 b class (W246)
Genuine Mercedes-Benz W176 A-Class, W246 B-Class Fuel Flap Motor A0038203297 NEW | eBay

Last edited:
Can't say for sure but it looks right and the ad says W246. Better half had one on her 2014 246 not long ago and it looks familiar. MB of Newcastle are the vendors so give 'em a call to be certain.

I got this reply after emailing them.....

Hi
Here is the link for the correct part
Genuine Mercedes-Benz Fuel Flap Locking Motor Mechanism A0008207703 NEW | eBay

When I checked the ebay compatibility thingy it came up as incompatible but the ebay thing is quite unreliable anyway. Mercedes of Newcastle would have checked by number plate and would have been able to know for sure this is the correct part I need eh ?

Ive got the vin in EPC but where an earth is this part listed in it? Im still looking for it just now:
Flap Locking Motor Mechanism A0008207703 NEW

Can't say for sure but it looks right and the ad says W246. Better half had one on her 2014 246 not long ago and it looks familiar. MB of Newcastle are the vendors so give 'em a call to be certain.

REAR FENDER MERCEDES B-KLASSE [Car] [CHASSIS] (EUROPA)
ITEM 420 63 SIDE PANELS 045 REARFENDER
The final part no not on that site is A008207703
B63045000174.130506.png

Last edited:
Thanks mate.That was very helpful. Found it all now. The document for emergency releasing a stuck fuel flap is ar88.60-p-1002nka. Hope it can maybe help others with a stuck closed fuel flap. Im surprised how cheap and nasty them actuators actually are. Now seeing if i can find the dcument in WIS for replacing it. Should be simple enough but trying to find the document on WIS just to see how easy/difficult it is to actually find the document....

REAR FENDER MERCEDES B-KLASSE [Car] [CHASSIS] (EUROPA)
ITEM 420 63 SIDE PANELS 045 REARFENDER
The final part no not on that site is A008207703
B63045000174.130506.png

You might have to access the old one via the rear light cluster or from behind one of the inner trim panels?? Replacement seems to be a push fit see the video at 1 minute onwards
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Yeah there is a double metal panel across the inner rear wing obscuring any access thru the inner trim. Removing the light cluster is only way to access it. How stupid.There is no reason why they had to seem weld another boxed panel across the inner rear wing which restricts access completely. Defo a money making reason to stop the average motorist from being able to manually get in to open the flap from the inside.

You might have to access the old one via the rear light cluster or from behind one of the inner trim panels?? Replacement seems to be a push fit see the video at 1 minute onwards
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Forgot to update on this. The correct actuator was ordered. A mercedes one. Its literally a 2 minute job aswell. Prise rear plastic part of the actuator up and out then it simply comes out and is easy as pie to unplug and plug in and fit new one. No need to go in from rear light cluster. Luckily I got the actuator opening once which was enough to get it changed. Then cleared fault code which was sporadically puting the engine light on. Job done. Actuator was £32 (a MB one) and was a 2 minute job to replace.ive still gonna old ine which shows how the emergency release bit is supposed to work if anybody is desperate to see one.

Yeah there is a double metal panel across the inner rear wing obscuring any access thru the inner trim. Removing the light cluster is only way to access it. How stupid.There is no reason why they had to seem weld another boxed panel across the inner rear wing which restricts access completely. Defo a money making reason to stop the average motorist from being able to manually get in to open the flap from the inside.

.ive still gonna old ine which shows how the emergency release bit is supposed to work if anybody is desperate to see one.

Any chance of a photo(s)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom