W246 B180 AMG Harsh Suspension

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

g6pun

Car
B180
Hi everyone,

I’ve recently acquired a B180 AMG and am finding the ride quality appallingly crashy and hard for what is supposed to be a family MPV - type car. It’s on the 18” wheels.

I’ve already changed to non-runflat Goodyear eagle F1 Asymmetric tyres which provided no improvement.

It’s been specced with:
677 AVANTGARDE/Standard Suspension.
950 AMG Sport Package.

Its currently on 42,000 miles.

Are there any suspension components I can switch to, for example “comfort suspension” if that exists?

Thank you!

Hi everyone,

I’ve recently acquired a B180 AMG and am finding the ride quality appallingly crashy and hard for what is supposed to be a family MPV - type car. It’s on the 18” wheels.

I’ve already changed to non-runflat Goodyear eagle F1 Asymmetric tyres which provided no improvement.

It’s been specced with:
950 AMG Sport Package.

Are there any suspension components I can switch to, for example “comfort suspension” if that exists?

Thank you!
We’ve got the same car more or less. The Avantgarde/standard suspension is the sport option with stiffer springs; I discovered this when sourcing a replacement for a broken one. There are other, presumably softer springs available but I don’t know if other items would also need to be replaced to match. The low profile tyres don’t help the ride on poor surfaces but we’ve learned to live with it.

Hi everyone,

It’s been specced with:
950 AMG Sport Package.

Thank you!
Hi , did you test drive the car prior to purchase ?

We’ve got the same car more or less. The Avantgarde/standard suspension is the sport option with stiffer springs; I discovered this when sourcing a replacement for a broken one. There are other, presumably softer springs available but I don’t know if other items would also need to be replaced to match. The low profile tyres don’t help the ride on poor surfaces but we’ve learned to live with it.
Ah sure - I may go down the route of changing the shocks and springs and seeing how that improves the ride.

Hi , did you test drive the car prior to purchase ?
No unfortunately, it was a blind COVID delivery purchase at a great price. In fact with the current used car market, I could make a profit selling it!

No unfortunately, it was a blind COVID delivery purchase at a great price. In fact with the current used car market, I could make a profit selling it!
That might be your best bet...
Changing suspension components can get expensive and may never really work as expected.

Its quite possible the car is not on the [ correct] original springs now- 5 years is pretty much the lifetime of springs which have been subject to heavy use, bad roads,speed bumps, corrosion etc

If it helps, the former model W245 Sport on 17" wheels was the same very harsh suspension and I went through a number wheels because of the great British roads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom