W246 mud guards

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ollie67

Car
B180 CDI
Hi can anyone help me? I would like to know if I should get mud guards for my W246 as the rear screen gets quite a lot of spray on it, where is the best place to get them? Cheers

Local MB dealer will supply and fit if you want but it might not make that much difference. Rear screen on the Viano gets covered in bad weather so had flaps fitted all round. Did reduce dirt on the body but made no difference to the rear screen. I would think that the only way would be to fit some sort of aerofoil.

This might explain it if you see the eddy area at the rear of the car.
In fluid dynamics, an eddy is the swirling of a fluid and the reverse current created when the fluid is in a turbulent flow regime. The moving fluid creates a space devoid of downstream-flowing fluid on the downstream side of the object. Fluid behind the obstacle flows into the void creating a swirl of fluid on each edge of the obstacle, followed by a short reverse flow of fluid behind the obstacle flowing upstream, toward the back of the obstacle. This phenomenon is naturally observed behind large emergent rocks in swift-flowing rivers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eddy_(fluid_dynamics)

mercedes-benz-b-class_w246_aerodynamics_01_814x443_08-2014.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom