W447 Vito rattle from the rear

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by focusrs2006, May 14, 2017.

1. focusrs2006

focusrs2006 New Member

Car:
    W447 Vito 119 Sport
    Hi all

I've recently purchased a W447 Vito, I've noticed that there is some rattling, coming from the rear of the van, seems to be coming from the sliding doors, or the rear tailgate, just wondering if anyone with a Vito has had the same experience, the cabin is great and rattle free.

Many thanks

James

2. BIG UN

BIG UN Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    Mercedes Vito Sport,Mercedes CLK Brabus, Alfa Romeo Alfetta
    Unfortunately I'm not as up on these as the 639 but does it sound like a mechanical rattle rather than a body panel kind of noise??

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

3. OP
    OP
    focusrs2006

focusrs2006 New Member

Car:
    W447 Vito 119 Sport
    Hi mate

It seems to be a metallic kind of sound, almost creaking when the van flexes maybe

James

4. Adrees

Adrees New Member

Car:
    Mercedes Vito Tourer 116
    I have the same rattle - its apparantly the tailgate rattling like its loose. Dealers have had it back to adjust the catch...... fine for a bit but then it returns..... drives me crazy. I have found the following technique helps quieten it; open the tailgate fully, whilst open, grab either side of the tailgate where the two guide slots are and whilst holding the nearside firm, slightly pull down on the offside - basically twisting the tailgate slightly - then close the tailgate with slightly more emphasis on the offside section. I have found this does stop the noise for a bit - worth a shot. Still not found a permanent solution though. Try that and see how you get on.

5. Cabb

Cabb Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    C63AMG Coupe Edition 507
    Mine does the same thing even though I’ve got barn doors on mine I’ve got a crew van thought it might be the seats took them out still rattles just need to put up with it I think it’s not too bad just a bit annoying at times

6. Adrees

Adrees New Member

Car:
    Mercedes Vito Tourer 116

7. Adrees

Adrees New Member

Car:
    Mercedes Vito Tourer 116
    Just been playing with the catches and I have had a few weeks of quiet bliss. The problem was the tailgate 'guides' which are on either side of the tailgate and where they slide into the female counterparts on the body of the vehicle. With the tailgate closed, if you apply quick on and off pressure on this area the tailgate - I found it was rattling and obviously not sitting tight enough in the bracket on the body of the vehicle.
    Solution - through trial and error loosen off the bolts on the tailgate 'guides' and bring them slightly in(towards the plastic interior cover panel). Once they have been adjusted - they should slide into the guides abit better without having any 'play' - rattle solved.

8. KoFidee

KoFidee Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    Mercedes AMG W205 C CLASS W447 Sport 119 X350d A220 4 matic
    only had bulkhead rattle creaking from new on turning
    tailgate been fine