W447 Vito rattle from the rear

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

focusrs2006

Car
W447 Vito 119 Sport
Hi all

I've recently purchased a W447 Vito, I've noticed that there is some rattling, coming from the rear of the van, seems to be coming from the sliding doors, or the rear tailgate, just wondering if anyone with a Vito has had the same experience, the cabin is great and rattle free.

Many thanks

James

Unfortunately I'm not as up on these as the 639 but does it sound like a mechanical rattle rather than a body panel kind of noise??

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Hi mate

It seems to be a metallic kind of sound, almost creaking when the van flexes maybe

James

I have the same rattle - its apparantly the tailgate rattling like its loose. Dealers have had it back to adjust the catch...... fine for a bit but then it returns..... drives me crazy. I have found the following technique helps quieten it; open the tailgate fully, whilst open, grab either side of the tailgate where the two guide slots are and whilst holding the nearside firm, slightly pull down on the offside - basically twisting the tailgate slightly - then close the tailgate with slightly more emphasis on the offside section. I have found this does stop the noise for a bit - worth a shot. Still not found a permanent solution though. Try that and see how you get on.

Mine does the same thing even though I’ve got barn doors on mine I’ve got a crew van thought it might be the seats took them out still rattles just need to put up with it I think it’s not too bad just a bit annoying at times

I have the same rattle - its apparantly the tailgate rattling like its loose. Dealers have had it back to adjust the catch...... fine for a bit but then it returns..... drives me crazy. I have found the following technique helps quieten it; open the tailgate fully, whilst open, grab either side of the tailgate where the two guide slots are and whilst holding the nearside firm, slightly pull down on the offside - basically twisting the tailgate slightly - then close the tailgate with slightly more emphasis on the offside section. I have found this does stop the noise for a bit - worth a shot. Still not found a permanent solution though. Try that and see how you get on.

Just been playing with the catches and I have had a few weeks of quiet bliss. The problem was the tailgate 'guides' which are on either side of the tailgate and where they slide into the female counterparts on the body of the vehicle. With the tailgate closed, if you apply quick on and off pressure on this area the tailgate - I found it was rattling and obviously not sitting tight enough in the bracket on the body of the vehicle.
Solution - through trial and error loosen off the bolts on the tailgate 'guides' and bring them slightly in(towards the plastic interior cover panel). Once they have been adjusted - they should slide into the guides abit better without having any 'play' - rattle solved.

only had bulkhead rattle creaking from new on turning
tailgate been fine

Wow...Had the same rattle and it's been driving me crazy for months. Tried Adrees fix and I am now rattle free. I was literary on the point of selling my van I was being driven that crazy by it. Thank you so much.....All solved in 2 minutes.

Wow...Had the same rattle and it's been driving me crazy for months. Tried Adrees fix and I am now rattle free. I was literary on the point of selling my van I was being driven that crazy by it. Thank you so much.....All solved in 2 minutes.
I've got same issue please tell me what have done to get rid if that irritating rattel plzzzz

I've got same issue please tell me what have done to get rid if that irritating rattel plzzzz
If you’re referring to the bulkhead squeak then mine was a half hour fix.

Removed the complete bulkhead. When refitting I installed a 2mm thick rubber washer between bulkhead and frame. And another one between metal screw washer and bulkhead.

Result. 100% squeak free.

All this on a 1 week old van. Shame the manufacturer couldn’t have thought up such a simple fix. 😤

Bro can u pls make a short video cos I've got same problem and it's giving me headache everytime I drive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom