W447 Vito Wheel load rating question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

focusrs2006

Car
W447 Vito 119 Sport
Hi all,

Im looking at a set of these for my Vito

Genuine Mercedes New Vito/V-Class (WDB447) "19" 5-Spoke Black Alloy Wheel Set

I noticed at the base of the advert, it says not for 3.05t, in my v5 document, it said max permissible mass - 3050kg, Will these not fit my van? I don't think I'll ever use the full load capacity.

Many thanks

James.

I think you would have insurance problems if the wheels weren't rated for the MGW (same applies to tyres of course).

Actually I would ask your insurance before changing the wheels anyway - some van companies are pretty strict on 'modifications'. I looked at putting some AMG monoblocks (which had the correct load rating) on my 639, but was told they would no longer cover it if I did!

I think you would have insurance problems if the wheels weren't rated for the MGW (same applies to tyres of course).

Actually I would ask your insurance before changing the wheels anyway - some van companies are pretty strict on 'modifications'. I looked at putting some AMG monoblocks (which had the correct load rating) on my 639, but was told they would no longer cover it if I did!

Many thanks for the reply,

That's a shame, quite like those! Seem to be being quite a bit of trouble finding load rates wheels for the 3.05t rating, trying to stay with MB too,

Ah yes, will do, I did ring them the other day to see if they would cover a rear spoiler, and they said they wouldn't...

James

Yes those are nice wheels. Alloywheelsdirect only list Brabus ones for the 447:

Mercedes Vito Van Alloys (W447) - Alloy Wheels Direct

There are insurance companies who are ok with mods on vans but you need to shop around to find them and obviously it does retrict your choice come renewal time.

Good luck!

They do look nice those,

Have just given a plan a phone, and the company who I'm insured me won't allow alloy wheels apparently :( Its costing me £500 with them, they said they can move me to a company who will allow modifications but that will be another £400...

James

Many thanks, they do look good! Cheaper too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom