W447 Vito XLWB retrofitting parcel shelf

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

T5NEL

Hi All,

Ever expanding family has made me look at W447 V Class and Vito as the main family vehicle. Obviously the two are similar but quite a different proposition but I can almost convince myself that the Vito is good enough as my main vehicle. One of the features I REALLY like from the V class is the adjustable parcel shelf that clips in the seat rails and provides 2 levels of storage as well as the base for a bed in the style of a VW multiboard. THere are lots of examples of the shelf on ebay etc but, these shelves can take quite a bit of weight so there are supports mounted on either side at the very back of the vehicle that the shelf rests on...only problem is none of the Vito have this (probably due to lack of opening glass in tailgate) and the more recent 2017 -> V class do not either.

Question is where can I find the part number for these supports so I can retrofit and then buy a 2nd hand shelf .

Images attached - the parts circled in red are the bits I am referring to. ANy info on part numbers orhow they attach would be great.

In addition, has anyone extended the central rails so that the bench can move further back? I would be interested in doing this to make the space between two rows of seats in 'conference' configuration more usable as a day van/more legroom

Thanks
Tim

shelf.jpg

Imho anything can be retro fitted if you really want it. If you get a Vito then you will need to find a V Class with the features you want & use that VIN to get the parts u need.

Imho anything can be retro fitted if you really want it. If you get a Vito then you will need to find a V Class with the features you want & use that VIN to get the parts u need.
Thanks,

I have found some V Class examples that have the brackets on autotrader and have the number plate but not the VIN. I assume that this is needed as the parts dept are not interested unless you have a VIN? THis look slike a doddle to do - more worrying is that loads of the VIto do not have any rear vents and I imagine retrofitting that would be extremely time consuming, hit and miss and expensive...

Tim

Hi All,

Ever expanding family has made me look at W447 V Class and Vito as the main family vehicle. Obviously the two are similar but quite a different proposition but I can almost convince myself that the Vito is good enough as my main vehicle. One of the features I REALLY like from the V class is the adjustable parcel shelf that clips in the seat rails and provides 2 levels of storage as well as the base for a bed in the style of a VW multiboard. THere are lots of examples of the shelf on ebay etc but, these shelves can take quite a bit of weight so there are supports mounted on either side at the very back of the vehicle that the shelf rests on...only problem is none of the Vito have this (probably due to lack of opening glass in tailgate) and the more recent 2017 -> V class do not either.

Question is where can I find the part number for these supports so I can retrofit and then buy a 2nd hand shelf .

Images attached - the parts circled in red are the bits I am referring to. ANy info on part numbers orhow they attach would be great.

In addition, has anyone extended the central rails so that the bench can move further back? I would be interested in doing this to make the space between two rows of seats in 'conference' configuration more usable as a day van/more legroom

Thanks
Tim

View attachment 107841

Hello, new to the forum and I have the exact same scenario, did you manage to find the part numbers for the supports?

I am also trying to confirm which parts I need for the legs to clip into the existing rails, I have been told this is part number A 4478100081 but not 100%

Exactly the same issue here , I’ve the load shelf but trying to get part no / order the locating brackets on rear pillar is a mission .. surely someone knows, it just bolts to the pillar trim , with internal support possibly I guess ,

Hi All,

Thanks
Tim

View attachment 107841
Any joy with this Tim ? As I’m doing or trying to do the same !? Cheers Gary

Any luck with this also trying to search for information?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom