W639 111CDI DMF to SMF conversion?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

waingroo

Car
W639 111 CDI
Hi,

Anyone experienced Vito 111CDI DMF to SMF converion? I Think I have to replace mine soon and I'm think about a conversion to SMF. The symptoms are trepidation in 1st gear when starting away and sudden stop when stop the engine.. not a smooth one.

I use to drive smoothly.

The price of a DMF is quite huge... :(

Any advice?

Valeo do a good conversion kit for this, it's also the only one I know of that properly supports the gearbox input shaft. I'll see if I have the part number for you.

Anyone wishing to to correct me , please do,

When you see what goes into a DMF you will understand why they are more expensive the a SMF ,

The DMF and front Crankshaft damper are ther,for a reason , the SMF is also much lighter

Every cdi engine I have ever seen with a snapped crankshaft had a SMF fitted

No is that worth the savings you would make against a DMF?

Anyone wishing to to correct me , please do,

When you see what goes into a DMF you will understand why they are more expensive the a SMF ,

The DMF and front Crankshaft damper are ther,for a reason , the SMF is also much lighter

Every cdi engine I have ever seen with a snapped crankshaft had a SMF fitted

No is that worth the savings you would make against a DMF?

I'm just think about diesel old trucks who had SMF without problem for long years and use.

Some claim that DMF protect the three axle 6-speed gearbox, but Vito have two axes 6-speed gearbox. Anyway, the price is not justified in my view... it is a prohibited price. There are still 4WD cars who use SMF on 3000 cc diesel engines.

Valeo do a good conversion kit for this, it's also the only one I know of that properly supports the gearbox input shaft. I'll see if I have the part number for you.

I have seen that Valeo do good conversion kits. I'm talk about 2004 W639 111CDI.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom