W639 2012 Viano digital speedo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pyramid80

Car
Viano 3.0 xlwb
Hi new to the site, does anyone know if it’s possible to change the small digital Speedo in the bottom screen to mph from Kph? Ive only recently bought the car and can’t find it in the owners manual. Thanks in advance.

If the Viano is like other MB models this can only be done by coding out UK region using STAR/Xentry.
MB has it in it's head that all UK models have to display kph at all times. To comply with EU regs the vehicle only needs to be able to display kph

If the Viano is like other MB models this can only be done by coding out UK region using STAR/Xentry.
MB has it in it's head that all UK models have to display kph at all times. To comply with EU regs the vehicle only needs to be able to display kph

Maybe a 2012 is different but on my 2007 W639 that line on the display is the only way to see kph (it's not something you can select/show anywhere else). So AFAIK it is a legal requirement (not to mention pretty handy if you do ever take the vehicle across the channel).

Capture.JPG

Coding change from UK makes it possible to select via cluster options, what's shown in that display. I had it done on my 2005 to show temp or kph. Not sure about selecting mph or even why one would want to?
Maybe on later models it's not possible, the guys at Comand.co.uk would know for sure

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom