w639 Alarm issue?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

murf62

Car
VIANO
Hi,

I've recently been doing some work on my 2007 w639 Viano and since then when I lock the car with the keyfob, the hazard lights keep flashing. Could this be because I've jacked it up without enabling the antitow function? If so, can it be reset and how?

The only other thing that I've done that could be related is disconnecting and reconnecting the battery.

I've read that it could be a faulty siren but I've tried disconnecting it and it's still the same.

Thanks,
Murf

Yeah, I had read through that thread before posting. Although I don't think it should keep doing it after the van is back on it's wheels and has been unlocked/locked a few times. Looks likely it's the siren I guess? Can't find a second hand one anywhere other than one on Ebay that is probably older than mine. Part number is A0028205326.

I'm assuming it's the battery that's gone U/S inside it. Anyone ever tried breaking one open and changing it?

When the siren is unplugged then the alarm can't cause flashing hazzards.
The siren rechargeable batteries do rust, but the PCB can become damaged too, when you unplug the siren, did you plug it back in again?
Try leaving it unplug if you haven't already done so.

In most cases, once the start to become troublesome the are beyond repair, see... ://www.google.ie/search?q=w202+alarm+pcb&client=tablet-android-samsung&prmd=isvn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjf4pnppI3aAhVlCcAKHXdzAUsQ_AUICSgB&biw=800&bih=1280#imgrc=EqBFaNolzM5AIM:

Also... http://homepage.eircom.net/~decdec/alarmPCBbig.jpg

Dec

Last edited:
The siren is also the control module for the alarm.. I would say its nothing to do with jacking it up imho the new alarm sirens aren't cheap though, I think I paid £130+ for my last one. Have you had any other work done to the van recently or coding??

No other work done, just had battery off and jacked up. I tried it with the siren unplugged and it still kept flashing the hazards quickly when I lock it. Any other reason why it may be happening?

I will try tomorrow to see whether siren still sounds.

Mercedes W220 S-Klasse W202 Neigungssensor Steuergerät Alarm 2028203826 | eBay

You should have a tilt sensor, somewhere, something like what's in the above link, it has liquid inside it, when the van is jacked up, it is this that sets off the alarm, a bit like an electric spirit level.
I can't see it working on its own, with out the alarm being connected and armed, you could try unplugging it to see if anything changes.

Dec

So it turns out it was a loose connection in the overhead panel, all working again now. Thanks for the help all.

Thanks for the feedback, that was an odd one.
Dec

So it turns out it was a loose connection in the overhead panel, all working again now. Thanks for the help all.
Sorry to raise this post from the dead, but I am having the same problem with my Viano. When I lock the van the indicator lights keep flashing, if I click lock again they stop....

Any chance you could explain to be how to look for the loose connection?

Thanks

sorry for a very late reply, i took mine off ages ago and never replaced it - the hazard lights go off but as the siren is not on - no alarms is going off, you just have to press the close button on the fob a few time before it settles down, i do have an issue when i go up to van with keys in pocket, as it seems to set the hazards lights off, but i press fob a couple of time and it settles down, i have good locks on the van and bolt locks on the inside from when it was a coppers van, so i can dead bolt the back and side doors when needed, so security wise its good, but just taking off the siren and waterproofing the plug and cable tie it to the area you removed it from is a good idea - so if you deside to replace at a later date , you know where it is located.... i can live without it - but mainly i suggest going round all the doors and wd40'ing all the door sensor closing pins and give a good movement on them, as the van gets older the lube needs to come out more often, i you get my meaning - a small problem for a very good van i think, but there are two ways to go - chuck money at it or not.......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom