W639 cannot remove EGR valve

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LuckyBob

Car
W639 Vito 120
I'm trying to change the EGR valve on my 2010 Vito 120 3.0 V6. Unfortunately it is well & truly seized in and I cannot pull it up to remove it. I have made up a couple of metal rods, about 15mm diameter, that I have slid in to the coolant outlets on the valve but with a bar between these it simply wont turn at all. I have tried with the engine good & hot but it wont budge. For the last 3 weeks I have been removing the 4 fixing bolts and applying penetrating oil every few days and when I put the bolts back in I leave them undone a few mm's in the hope it might work free. I am sure if I could get a bit of side to side movement it would work free with some oil but alas its solid. Unfortunately on this model there is little room around it so you cannot really get a drift in and tap the body about without risking damage to other components. Am nervous about attempting to drill it out as the swarf would surely cause issues if it fell down and may not hoover out. Would be much obliged if anyone has had a similar issue and can advise a solution.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom