W639 passenger airbag or not

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wildone86

Car
C55 AMG
Hello, I tried to find info about how to tell if there is a passenger airbag or not? I'm looking for about 2004-2007 Vito, sometimes I have to put child seat and it would help to know if there is airbag or not. And if someone have info about AKSE system, if it was available as option or standard on early w639 vitos. I know about 2010+ vitos you see SA7 code for passenger airbag, but was it the same code for older vitos?
Thanks!

Put your vin number in lastvin.com and look at the build data.

I don't think there will be.
But check underneath the for a yellow plug. That connects to the occupancy sensor.
The passenger side dash should have 'Airbag' embossed onto it if there is one within.

Thank you for your replies. I couldn't find sa7 code any of those early w639 vitos lists. Thats why I'm wondering if passenger airbag was marked differently on these early ones. For example this VIN WDF63960313329648 I could not find any indication of passenger airbag using vin decoder. Is the airbag easily accessable if I check if physically or can I trust if there is no Airbag embossed onto panel?

You can look up under the dash and see it.

On my 2014 Viano in the VIN decode it lists
SA6 CO-DRIVER'S AIR BAG
SH7 THORAX SIDEBAG F.DRIVER + FRONT PASS.(IN BACKREST)
SK4 AUTOMATIC CHILD SEAT RECOGNITATION (AKSE)

That was the same for my earlier 2009 Viano.

My earlier 2006 & 2007 Vito's only listed SA6.

It seems I was wrong to assume yours wouldn't have.
My 2014 Viano definitely has SRS Airbag embossed on the dash in front of the passenger seat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom