w639 seat conversion (again)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jasonosaj

Car
Mercedes Vito
Hi,

I'm a complete newbie to this forum and Mercedes, so firstly hello.

I have a Vito w639 camper (self build) with dual seat in the front. I want to swap it for a single seat with swivel. I have bought 2 seats and bases from another w639 (these have airbags in the side) + two swivel plates. I have read many many things about doing it but...

Question is do I need a resistor for the SRS or can I plug in my new seats to clear the SRS light?

I'll attach pictures so you can see what I have. (first 2 pics are of the new seat and the last is the connector underneath the double seat in the front of the van)

Any help is very much appreciated!

Jason

Attachments

• 47b97e38-7792-4d6f-9712-1512a00b7e30.jpg
    47b97e38-7792-4d6f-9712-1512a00b7e30.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 8
  • 055fdc2a-0e62-4f6e-9801-6cd70a9ee109.jpg
    055fdc2a-0e62-4f6e-9801-6cd70a9ee109.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 8
  • 6323b998-ca38-4587-8a17-45cacd9f0dbe.jpg
    6323b998-ca38-4587-8a17-45cacd9f0dbe.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 8
With air bags so I'm guessing Viano seats.
The plug 'should ' plug in and if the seat pad is ok you should be ok.

There are units you can buy to over come this issue if need be.

Have you considered the loss of the between seat area doe the swivel, I've constructed a storage unit there.
I also thought the seat would hit the door when swivellling.

It'll be interesting to see how you get on.

With air bags so I'm guessing Viano seats.
The plug 'should ' plug in and if the seat pad is ok you should be ok.

There are units you can buy to over come this issue if need be.

Have you considered the loss of the between seat area doe the swivel, I've constructed a storage unit there.
I also thought the seat would hit the door when swivellling.

It'll be interesting to see how you get on.
Thanks for the advise, I’ll keep you posted. I think the seats came from a Vito Ambience? People carrier rather than a van.
The seat has 2 connections - any idea what the other is?
Ta.

Again assuming, if you have the seat belt receiver worked out the other would be the air bag.
'I think' 12 volts to that and a bang would split the plastic on the side.

Other would be heavier brown and blue, paralleled up for base and back rest for heaters, I don't see those. Less common on the 639 Vito, but nice in winter.

Again assuming, if you have the seat belt receiver worked out the other would be the air bag.
'I think' 12 volts to that and a bang would split the plastic on the side.

Other would be heavier brown and blue, paralleled up for base and back rest for heaters, I don't see those. Less common on the 639 Vito, but nice in winter.
Yep, makes sense. Going to give it a go tomorrow so…🤞🏻
Thanks again.

Job done!

Both connectors connected and swivels swivel. No SRS light which is what I was afraid of and the FASP plates work well. Need a a few bits of trim to finish off but happy!

thanks for your help m80

Attachments

• 0097BC85-94DF-46DA-998B-4F166D6B0EB8.jpeg
    0097BC85-94DF-46DA-998B-4F166D6B0EB8.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 26
Ive got swivel bases in my van but im lucky enough to have genuine bases in it. Absolutely love them, just taken 2 of my captains seats out of the back, to leave me the 2 captains seats in the front & 2 captains in the rear which is ideal for me.

Attachments

• IMG-20191031-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20191031-WA0001.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 16
im changing from single to a double any ideas i have 3 connectors and not sure what or which is what
1 has blue and yellow this i have plugged seat belt into
1 has 3 wires
1 has brown+brown/pink
no idea what the other 2 are for SRS light has come on dashboard guessing i need some kind of device to overide them???
i have looked at a few but not sure what i really need
any advise would be gratefully appreciated

forgot 2010 viano

Needing some help so I’ve bought some seats but they are too high! if I change the swivel mechanism will this help or do I need to move the battery housing etc I have a 09 plate Vito any advice greatly accepted tia

Needing some help so I’ve bought some seats but they are too high! if I change the swivel mechanism will this help or do I need to move the battery housing etc I have a 09 plate Vito any advice greatly accepted tia
Hi,
I have the same problem, did you managed to find a solution? I fitted some A Class W176 seats, but have the same problem. So looking for some other alternate seats.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom