W639 Vito 111CDi fuel consumption

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Car
Vito 111C
Hi everybody

I know this has been done before but I can't find a thread prior to 2011 so I thought I might start another on the subject!

After two months of ownership, with 243,000 on the odometer, I am successfully returning 32-36 mpg with a mix of approx 80-85% motorway at 70-80mph and he remainder being town driving (short trips, cold engine etc)

To be honest I'd read a lot of stories about poor consumption with the Vito but on the basis of the last few weeks I am very pleasantly surprised at the economy I am returning.

Compared to the Subaru flat 4 auto petrol turbo I also known, I am over the moon!

Can anybody else report back with 639 figures..? Always interesting to see what others are achieving!

Cheers all

Mike

I used to get similar mpg (32-35) from my 116 w639, mainly motorway at 70mph.

119 447 showing around 40 mpg with similar driving, early days for the engine though

My old van was a 111 and I used to get 30-35 fully laden on the motorway. I now have the 116 and with more power I'm still getting the same results.

The 111 and more powerful 115 had identical fuel consumption figures: urban 26.6, extra-urban 41.5, combined 34.9. So low-mid 30s is about what you would expect.

The base model 109 had a lower ratio back axle, so as well as having the least power actually gave worse mpg: urban 23.9, extra-urban 38.2, combined 31.7.

FWIW our 120 averages about 25 mpg, up to about 30 on a long run.

Seems totally on the money there guys, thanks! I'm averaging between 32 and 34 over a thousand miles so far. Not bad. Hope it goes up a bit on longer runs... we'll see!

Mike

You can retrofit cruise control and it may give a couple of extra MPG - not saying it will mind but it just might..

When was the last time you had your van serviced? It'll help ...

I have the same van on an LWB and I think its a great van...

Hi

The van had CC fitted from factory, along with parking sensors and a few other toys so quite well specced (nice vinyl 'leather look' upholstery too!) The cruise is scarily simple to operate on the merc, i'd forgotten how easy. A good shout though!

I debate whether using cruise actually increases fuel consumption. Don't know if the Vito uses engine braking to maintain a set speed limit?

Yes, apart from expensive OE parts and strange electrical foibles (on all the vitos I've had or driven) they are great vans.

Cheers

Mike

Old post but my auto is returning about 22-27mpg with a 50/50 mix of motorway and town driving. :(.

As an extension to the Vito our Viano, auto + cruise, which has a better performance than the Vito and which I admit to driving hard has always turned in 33mpg.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom