W639 Vito Central Locking Issue

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Emkay1985

Car
W212
Hi Guys,

i'm sure you've had a fair share of W639 central locking issues, we've got our works van with its own issue but i think i already know whats wrong with that one. The one i need a helping hand with is a customers, its a 2009 van, in good condition, he left the van with us for this central locking issue amongst other things -

sometimes it won't lock at all, other times it will, at the same time the locking won't work the hazard switch on the dash won't work, you can have the ignition on or off and the c/locking and hazards will or won't work. I was optimistic about this been not to bad to do until he called from his holiday to give me an update on how he's made it work - he mentioned the glovebox light was pulled out and laid in the glovebox when he first bought the van - so basically in the 'on' position. When he put it back in from day one he's had issues, so he for some reason pulled out and laid the light back in the glovebox. This seems to solve all issues with the central locking and hazards. I'm really puzzled by this, really puzzled, only codes i can pull from the van is 9110 in the instrument cluster?!?!

Has anyone got any clue what code be the issue here, or have any wiring diagrams to let me have a gander over.

You don't have enough posts for a PM so if you post your email, I can email the wiring diagrams. Not entirely sure about the fault because the 911x range is CAN communication error.

Cheers for the email Kev, My PDF reader won't open it unfortunately, not sure why, just says its a problem with the file format. Any chance of another or to double check if it works at your end? shall bump this thread again in the evening, see if i can draw some vito kings into the mix. see what they can come up with.

Dave

Dave, I've sent two copies of extracted file independently. No idea why you couldn't open the zip file.

Hiya Kev, thanks for the emails, i did get the diagrams up and working, not at work unfortunealty, they worked on the lappy at home. i tracked down the glovebox light connected to the cig lighter which all seems low tech, comes directly from the fusebox, i was hoping it maybe sent from the sam, then along with the hazard light switch may of made sense in terms of a sam error, couldn't find the hazard light switch. will trawl through them later today. See if anything pops out.

Thanks, Dave

You are welcome, Dave. Hope you get to the bottom of it.

The hazard switch and all the dash switches are Canbus.
Central locking is controlled with Can and the EZS.
Try removing the dash switch set first and un plug it.

Hiya,

Right, had a spare 30 mins to have a look at this vito again, we took fuse 18 out for the cig lighter and glovebox light - symptoms still remained, switch the ignition off and hazards won't work with the glovebox shut and light in place (even with fuse out), the speedo reading will all go to dashes and the c/locking won't work.

We decided to remove the bulb from the light, this then really upset the van - a few attempts are turning the key and it wouldn't turn over, and once bulb placed back in and started it logged a fault code, tried to scan the van with fuse 18 removed and the scanning stated no communication, once the fuse replaced we were able to read a code of 2013 in the engine management. Very very strange. Any gurus got any further thoughts?

Thanks in advance, Dave

Oh, yes, we removed the hazard switch set from the centre console zenman63, symptoms still remained so we replaced the connector etc and screwed it all back up.

Dave

EZS is at fault, where are you?

We're in York, well just outside York on the A64, Malton Road. What are you proposing?

Dave

If you was local I could have looked at it.
Take it to MB and get it on Star if its a EZS they will fit and code it.

Cheers Zenman63, will let the chap know when he gets back from his hols, will be friday, its already been into the local merc dealer, he didn't like paying them 250 quid for them to look at the rear wiring loom, then he got told, we're stumped. Book it back in. Thanks for taking the time to reply :)

Dave

Hi guys.
W639 viano 125th edition 2011 43k on the clock.
Rear 3 doors not always locking bought new door contacts for both sides all 10 pin versions but still the doors don't lock every time. I've adjusted door positions. Used obb2 computer to test and check each sliding door and both work every time. So now thinking it's either command control box not always giving lock signal or something else. Can you help further please?

Hi guys.
Rear 3 doors not always locking bought new door contacts for both sides all 10 pin versions but still the doors don't lock every time. I've adjusted door positions. Used obb2 computer to test and check each sliding door and both work every time. So now thinking it's either command control box not always giving lock signal or something else. Can you help further please?
Check the cable to the door handles, sometimes the plastic locator breaks and the locks don't lock on central locking

Hi guys.
Try getting it on Star, it should tell you what the issue is

Check the cable to the door handles, sometimes the plastic locator breaks and the locks don't lock on central locking
Hi the car hasn't had that much use.
5000 and 7000 operations total.
Mechanically both sliding doors seem to operate perfectly. Both mechanical release from the inside to the clutch and motor systems that move the door.

Been working on it toay and the icarsoft tool allows me see electrically what's happening the nearside door says its open when it's actually closed but can only think it's the co,ntacts on the door that are preventing g the sig also to loop around the three doors.

Anyone got a wiring diagrams to help me sort this problem out please?

Similar problem here. 2016 W639 Vito, electric doors played up in the past abd now the offside rear electric sliding door sporadically opens but mainly remains locked. Now I am unable to unlock all doors by fob even. Cleaned contacts to no avail. Can i make these manual only and not rely on the electric operation?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom