w639 vito rear speaker mounting

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sherco450

Car
vito120 w114 coupe e240 911 turbo black
lm looking at installing speakers to the rear . preferably tail gate area. The panelling seems quite flimsy . and possibly not that deep. l need the under seat void to slide building materials in, and the rear sides l have the spare wheel on the left and tools on right. So the tail gate is the go . possible ? Thanks

A couple of ideas………….

Do you have sunroof(s) fitted? If not, how about the recess in the roof lining where the rear sunroof would go? Certainly it would need a bit of work with making a smooth cover/enclosure but it would out of the way. Done correctly, you would only loose a couple of inches headroom in the back.

Or, assuming you have the sides boarded in the rear, what about the space behind the board, between the board and the outer skin, where a rear window would go?

Just don't do it, the sound stage needs to be in the front.
If you want better sounds then fit 6" component speakers in the doors and put the tweeter in the A post.
It takes some work with mdf rings etc.

^^^^^^^^ Zenman knows considerably more than I when it comes to Vito/Vianno. I would take his advice over my lateral thinking any day.

thanks for info , the roof area sounds interesting thou wont get the motorbikes in (handle bars will hit ) l will try with the door skins. when l had the previous vito w638 l did have the speakers mounted to rear side panels but the sound (quality )never made it to the front. Do you know the dimensions that work best for front door skins ??

All good found some old posts..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom