W639 Windscreen Wipers Not Working

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DannyCliffe

Car
Mercedes Vito W639
Hello everyone, please can anyone help?

I have a 2006 Vito which I've just bought. Driving back a little rain started and I've found out there is no wiper action on either 1, 2 or 3 setting.

The wipers DO work on the single action button but nothing on the actual speed settings.

Where do I start with this? I'm not mechanically minded so a dumbed down explanation would be appreciated!

First make sure the bonnet is shut properly.

Bonnet would seem fully shut, no warning lights to advise otherwise and fully on the latch.
Bugger, would be an easy fix if not.
Sorry to say that is the extent of my advice, hopefully someone more knowledgeable will be along soon.
Good luck getting it sorted.

I would say it's the stalk or the SAM.
The SAM is plug and play, but with a same for same unit.
If replacing the stalk be sure to either disconnect the battery, or not turn the ignition with the airbag disconnected.

Hello everyone, please can anyone help?

I have a 2006 Vito which I've just bought. Driving back a little rain started and I've found out there is no wiper action on either 1, 2 or 3 setting.

The wipers DO work on the single action button but nothing on the actual speed settings.

Where do I start with this? I'm not mechanically minded so a dumbed down explanation would be appreciated!
Hi
Did you find the cure the problem with the wipers?

Sometimes the bonnet closed sensors can play up, I had this with an W204 I just pulled the plugs out from the sensor. You should do both, although the Passenger side one is normally the offender.
my symptoms were bonnet alarm no wipers below 10mph, over that speed the indicator stayed on but the wipers worked.
I never reconnected the sensor switch and still have the part brand new from Mercedes Benz.
if anyone wants it Free of Charge and you live near Norfolk, its yours to collect.
Since Heinrich regenerated into a W221, its no longer needed and he denies all knowledge of ever being a W204.

Had similar problem with my 05 CLK, new stalk fixed it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom