Waaahhh!!! [face_cry] Why does my car attract idiots and cretins??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Steve_Perry

MB Enthusiast
Car
CLS350CDI Grand Edition
I am seriously pi$$ed off at the moment.
angry.gif

I took a trip back to London to visit my parents for the weekend. Last Friday 6 Feb 04 at approx 6:10pm I was sitting at the head of some traffic lights, minding my own business, waiting for them to turn from red to green. For those that know northwest London, I had just passed Rayners Lane tube station and was waiting at the lights at the start of Imperial Drive. The stretch of road I was on has a significant incline.

As I was waiting for the lights to change my car suddenly lurched forwards and in the rear view mirror I could see the driver of a small white Vauxhall Corsa van was gesticulating at me wildly. I had been bumped from behind
cry.gif
cry.gif
"Oh bloody marvelous" I thought :rolleyes: ... I got out to talk to the guy and he said to me "Oh I'm sorry, I got out to check my exhaust but I forgot to put my handbrake on!"
confused.gif
shocked.gif
angry.gif
WTF!!!!! How are some people allowed out on the road?!?!?! :crazy:

Anyways, I get back into my car and wait for the lights to change, once green I pull up on the side of the road and thankfully said bozo does the same rather than drive off into the dark night. He explained again how sorry he was that he'd been so stupid. His face dropped though when I asked for his details, he claimed it was only a small bump and there didn't seem to be any damage. I think he thought he was going to get away with it.
plain.gif
I had none of it though, I showed him a small scuff mark that's now on my rear bumper. Well we exchanged details and I phoned my insurance company half an hour later and gave them the full details of the incident.

The damage? Well it is very slight, almost negligible, I guess the Corsa van was travelling at between 3 to 5mph when he hit me. One small black scuff mark in the centre of my bumper, other than that the car looks okay. I'm hoping to get my MB bodyshop to drop the bumper check for damage behind the bumper (if there is any) and then buff out the scuff mark. I'll have to pay 150 quid excess but should get that back as the other driver admitted fault.

Funny that the driver had a strong German accent thus prooving that not everything from Germany works with rutheless efficiency.

I wouldn't mind but a few days prior to this incident I was waiting at another set of traffic lights again on a steep hill when the lady driver of the Polo infront of me stalled her car and started rolling backwards towards me!! She must have rolled back 2 feet before she stopped and put her hazards on, luckily I was about 3 feet away. Phew! :rolleyes:

My poor car has had its rear bumper dropped more times than a tart's knickers! Anyone remember my previous brush with stupidity?

Take care out there peeps, you can be the best driver in the world but that won't protect you from the other morons that infest our roads. Ar$eholes like that should be forced to take a bus.

Arrgh why me??!!

S. (Presently a grumpy git)

Last edited:
Wow, same thing happened to me a few weeks ago... in SW london, some girl in an old astra, she said she couldnt get used to her new brakes or somethin. No damage, but she paid for it to be checked at a dealer...

Hope its all ok mate.

Jay

Arghhhh !

Oh well - at least you witnessed the incident, and got details.

Hopefully no additional damage if it was a low speed shunt.

The last 'scuff' to be inflicted on the corner of my front bumper happened mysteriously while parked in the local stealership carpark ! Unfortunately no evidence of who it could have been (I checked all the cars they had been moving around for signs of similarly scuffed bumpers though !) grrrrr :crazy:

Hope its better soon :(

S.

Guys, I am impressed with your patience. I'm incapable of patience in that situation!

Oh no! I hope this isn't the "things come in threes" syndrome starting :(
I hope there isn't any damage for you m8?

@Jay, frustrating when it happens isn't it mate :rolleyes: Glad to hear yours turned out okay.

@sym, thanks mate :) Hopefully there's no damage under the bumper, the Corsa van would have rolled into mine from stationary. IT couldn't have been more than 5mph is my guess. Plus I was in Drive and holding the car on the brakes. Bummer to hear about yours :( You don't expect that sort of thing from a dealer. :eek:

@Scott, I was the picture of restraint mate, though I was seething inside. There isn't really much to be gained by loosing your rag in situations like that. I can see why people get shot due to road rage over in the USA though. If I had a gun, sheesh.

@Pluggers, thanks mate, I don't think there is any damage, I'll take the car to the dealer bodyshop tomorrow but that's only for an estimate to send to my insurance. :eek: I hope I haven't started a string of three :crazy:

S.

i tell you what, as i am such a lovely lovely guy as you all seem to be having problems with idiots beign attracted to your cars and ive never had that problem, i will swap your cars for mine

ellismobile.jpg

look at it, it even ahs a chrome grill how can you resit this wonderful offer :D

yes i am desperate for a merc

seriousely tho they do allow some idiots on the road, it was only a few days ago i came across some old bloke in a corsa doing 30 int he middle lane of the motorway (by come across him i mena i was about 2 seconds away from hitting him with my breaks on hard, didnt tho :D)

scotth_uk said:
Isn't that the car from the Skidpan? ;-)
He's cleaned it up well though.

aaaw Steve - poor you, it's little comfort that it was a minor bump, it still causes aggrovation:(

Get an EMP and bounce the b*****s out of the way:D

pluggers said:
Oh no! I hope this isn't the "things come in threes" syndrome starting :(
Well I hope I'm not going to be on the receiving end of all three :crazy: Just noticed today a significant door ding on the driver's door, I certainly didn't spot it last week and my car was parked on the streets whilst I was in London for the weekend. :mad:

Looks like a call to Dent Wizard will be in order at some point *sigh* Bugger!!

S. (An even grumpier git than yesterday.) :mad:

Steve,

So sorry to hear about all the mishaps. :( Hope Dent Wizard will do a nice job and won't be too costly.

swl

scotth_uk said:
Isn't that the car from the Skidpan? ;-)

git hehe

na mine has got the chrome grill (had that added 6yrs ago when my mum ripped the whole front end off the car) come on after 9 yeares hard slog and me behind the wheel its in good nick

sure i cant tempt any of you to take up my selfeless offer?

pammy a emp pulse would not work as your cars are petrol, so they need the electric gubbins working, mine is diesel so once its started it dont matter :D

hmm hwere did i put the plans for that emp gun (already have literally everything needed)

swl said:
So sorry to hear about all the mishaps. :( Hope Dent Wizard will do a nice job and won't be too costly.
Thanks swl, I got Dent Wizard out when I first bought the car to fix a ding on the OSR passenger door. The garage selling the car to me paid for the work but I asked the guy how much it would have cost and he reckoned between 70 and 90 quid. He did a really good job too so I am hopeful that they will be pretty good for a reasonable cost too.

Sam,

skidpan08.jpg

Looks very similar to yours mate ;) Close but no cigar eh? :)

S.

close but i have teh pimp bling chrome grill (i feel dirty for saying that) and better wheeltrims

come on anyone wanna swap, you wont get mippets running into your car, anyone?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom