Waeco M50u low battery monitor instructions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

welland99

Car
W210 E280 estate 1999 facelift; 6th gen honda accord coupe 2000
I've got a Waeco coolpower M50U Low battery monitor and I can't get it working. And I can't find the instructions.

When I plug it in to the cigar lighter, the LED flashes all the time, but it delivers no power to the appliance plugged in to it.

What do I need to do?:dk:

OK done some testing and the unit seems to be working incorrectly.

It is meant to supply power when the supply voltage is 12.8 and cut off when the voltage drops to 11.6.

My cigar lighter is supplying 13.5v when the engine is off and 15.?? when the engine is on. But I can't get it to work unless the engine is switched on.

Strangely, my other car supplies 14v when the engine is off and this is still not enough to switch the unit on. However, just turning on the ignition (but not starting the engine) causes the voltage to drop to 13.7, and then the unit starts to work. :confused::confused::confused:

Does anybody else have any experience with one of these?

A car a battery consists of 6 accumulator cells each producing 2.2 volts fully charged i.e. 6x2.2=13.2 volts An car alternator output should normally be in the range 13.5 to14.4 volts depending on the state of charge of the battery. I wonder about the accuracy of the equipment you are measuring the voltages with?

A car a battery consists of 6 accumulator cells each producing 2.2 volts fully charged i.e. 6x2.2=13.2 volts An car alternator output should normally be in the range 13.5 to14.4 volts depending on the state of charge of the battery. I wonder about the accuracy of the equipment you are measuring the voltages with?

Hmm. It's a digital electronic one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom