Waiting for my CLA 220d amg 4matic

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

redcurrymonster

Car
CLA 220d amg line 4matic tip
Hi newbie here, never owned a luxury car, im waiting on delivery of my new Mercedes, really excited. Although i got it at higher mileage at 69k,

clutch hasnt been changed, (66 plate)

when would i need to change this, I can't find anywhere where it is recommended at what age or mileage I need to change this.

the car has had for dealer service stamps and has had a gearbox oil change (apparently that's very expensive)

dealer is claiming every 5 years. what would you suggest I do?

is it going to be very expensive for me, I don't think I can afford to take it to the dealer for a clutch change I will probably take it to Kwik-Fit.

any advice appreciated..

Hi newbie here, never owned a luxury car, im waiting on delivery of my new Mercedes, really excited. Although i got it at higher mileage at 69k,

clutch hasnt been changed, (66 plate)

when would i need to change this, I can't find anywhere where it is recommended at what age or mileage I need to change this.

the car has had for dealer service stamps and has had a gearbox oil change (apparently that's very expensive)

dealer is claiming every 5 years. what would you suggest I

is it going to be very expensive for me, I don't think I can afford to take it to the dealer for a clutch change I will probably take it to Kwik-Fit.

any advice appreciated..

Welcome to the Forum!

What makes you think the Clutch needs changing?🤔🙄😳

Sorry, doesnt Mercedes recommend belts and clutches to be changed every x'thousand miles ?

i ask because i want to maintain my car and follow guidlines set by MB (if there are any)

Your car is an automatic is it not?
No clutch to change on an automatic.
The cam belt has been replaced by a chain on your car and shouldn't need changing in its life.
Other belts are replaced when showing outward signs of wear

If you are servicing the car at the main dealers, they will renew parts as and when they are due by mileage/time.
Stay away from Kwik fit for any repairs. I see your location is London. If you don't want to use dealer servicing and repairs you have an excellent MB indy in Harrow. Half the labour charges, genuine parts used and service history maintained.

oh thanks! how embarrassing.. lol,

its an automatic..

oh yes i used to live near harrow (preston road

im due an interim service in 140 days ill take it there.

picked up my car 2 days ago, absolutely love it.. its just beautiful!!!

oh and woke up to find the wife had kerbed the front passenger alloy. huge scratch... Arrrghhhh

fuming....

any idea cost to get this repaired.. or process.

LOL!!!

Assuming you might not have researched the running and service costs before you bought the car, have a look at the mercedes service plan which is very cost effective and include all service work - oil, all filters, plugs, gearbox fluid changes,

oh thanks, i haven't looked into that assumed it was for new cars brought from dealer..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom